floor blankets

"so, what do you think of the list?" ash was laying on her stomach with her head propped up on her hands.

"yeah, it's good. i mean, it's long! but more choices sound better than none."

"larry was very adamant about getting at least 20 movies." she rolled her eyes, "we were up for a while, he's nuts."

i laughed, "so are we gonna choose one before the guys get here or are we all choosing together?"

"ugh ... i guess the nice thing to do would be to wait but i can see that being straight chaos."

"i kind of want to watch hereditary since i've never seen it."

ash winced, "oh, y/n ... that's a strong start. it's um, it's a little freaky." her phone buzzed, "oh! they're here. maybe we'll see if they have any ideas but if you wanna scar yourself that's totally fine."

we grabbed our blankets and pillows and met sal and larry in the parking lot.

"as requested, we have blankets and pillows." ash handed me her pile of fluff to hold in the backseat with sal and me.

"oh guys, you're gonna freak when you see the decorating sal and i did."

ash clenched her fists, "yes! i'm so excited!"

"so, what film are we watching tonight? it's gonna be hard choosing from my awesome list," larry inquired.

sal pipped up, "oh, there's already a list?"

i scoffed, "yeah and it's 20 titles long."

"hey! i heard that! it's 20 awesome titles long. every movie on there is great," larry pointed out defensively.

ash raised an eyebrow, "didn't you put spooky buddies on the list?"

sal laughed, "wait ... the dog movie?"

"shut up! i wanted us to have choices!" larry tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"well y/n said she hasn't seen hereditary yet. i told her it was rough but what do you guys think?"

sal turned to me, "i like that movie! we could always end the night with larry's dog movie to lighten the mood."

larry nodded, "see, ash. at least sal appreciates my ideas."

walking up all larry's stairs with blankets was exactly what i expected it to be. terrible. but once we got into larry's apartment, the pain subsided.

"oh my god, no wayyyy. you guys did such a good job!!" ash was so excited she couldn't control it.

my eyes wandered all over, "where did you find this stuff?" there were orange string lights and dozens of light-up halloween characters. larry's apartment looked straight out of a scary movie from the 80s.

"mostly goodwill. sal was really good at finding the stuff honestly." larry placed our blankets and pillows on his couch. "so, todd and neil will be here soon and hopefully they bring more blankets and shit."

sal clutched his pillow, "what's the set up gonna be?"

"we have quite a few people ... three max can be on the couch. one in the bean bag chair. we're making room on the floor with the blankets though ... so everyone's just gotta take their pick."

ash chimed in, "i say we give the couch to todd and neil."

larry nodded, "i'll take the bean bag chair, if that's cool."

ash turned back to sal and i, "so, we'll move the coffee table and the three of us can make a bed on the floor?"

"that sounds good with me," i obliged.