bad liar

sal's pov

*later that night after the date*

parting ways with y/n after our date was extremely hard. i really wanted the night the last forever.

when i got home from dropping her off at her dorm all my thoughts let loose. i couldn't keep my cool any longer. my feelings for her were growing stronger and i only wanted to get closer. she filled a void in my life i wasn't even aware of. i had close friends and a loving family, but there was something new y/n brought into my life. y/n was beautiful. i knew this crush was more than just infatuation. i felt so comfortable around her and every second i was with her, i was smiling. her company made everything in the world right again.

i stood in front of the mirror in my bedroom and took off my mask. my heart fluttered at the sight of the gems underneath my eyes. i could almost feel y/n's gentle touch as she put them on me. i wanted her touch more than anything now. if only i wasn't so timid when i was around her, maybe i'd feel her touch more often.

i smiled at my reflection and felt silly for not wanting to take the gems off. i held my mask up to my face, revealing only my eyes just as i had done when y/n applied them. i snapped a picture and texted y/n.

me: i don't wanna take them off [pic]

i set my phone down and sighed before removing the gems. i took a piece of tape and taped them to my mirror along with my ticket to the art museum. then i brushed my teeth and got into bed.

y/n: now you just need your hair done :)

i smiled to myself in the dark clutching my phone to my chest before i dozed off to the thought of y/n brushing my hair.

*next day*

my phone was vibrating violently against my chest interrupting my deep sleep. i groaned as i struggled to stop the vibration but to no avail- more vibrating. i groaned louder as i forced myself to open my eyes, larry was calling. "what do you need?"

i heard laughing on the other line, "jeez, sorry to bother you, sleeping beauty."

"larry, please. what do you need so early?"

"early? dude, it's 2 pm. i texted you at like 11 and i didn't get a response, so i just ... got worried."

i sat up and rubbed my eyes, "oh damn, is it really that late?" i looked at my wrist as if i were wearing a watch- i wasn't. "ah, sorry larry. yeah, i'm fine. i was uh, just sleeping."

"yeah, i kind of gathered that."

"so, um, what's up? everything alright?"

"yeah yeah, everything's cool. i was just tryna ask if you if you were up to go out tonight. ash texted me about going to a party later. like, with her and y/n."

"oh yeah, y/n said som- i mean yeah. yeah, i would be down for that."

larry paused, "oh okay. well ... would you mind if i came over?"

i ran a hand through my hair, "uh, sure. like? right now?"

"yeah. but if you're trying to sleep more then that's cool."

"no, you can come." i leaned back onto the wall and rubbed my eyes, "okay, i'll see you soon." 2 pm? jesus christ. i didn't even stay up that late. i tried to recall what time i had gone to bed. unfortunately my phone's screen time proved me wrong, it was late. i had stayed up thinking longer than i thought.

i looked through my notifications and saw a text from y/n sent two hours ago. "i hope i see you tonight :)" i smiled. i felt excited for tonight, every time i saw y/n i felt closer and closer to overcoming the insecurity that held me back from fully putting myself out there. uh fuck, larry. i dragged myself out of bed to make myself at least a little more presentable. it was very obvious i had slept hard. my hair was sticking up in the back and i had marks all over my skin from the blankets. i brushed my teeth and tried to smooth my hair the best i could.