2

sex alert

in Alice's beautiful room, her and Bella were ordering wedding paraphernalia from her Pinterest board. Bella wanted simple and plain while Alice nudged her a little more in the direction of elegant and enchanting. there was a middle ground where beige and pink dresses met with gorgeous bouquets, basic crystal candelabras and tea lights, and white wooden furniture rentals. Emmett and jasper studied many of Alices curated YouTube tutorials and were working on a pale gazebo in the back yard. with two weeks left to go, it was time for everything to finally come together.

occasionally, I'd get bored sitting in one spot, listening to so much wedding talk, and I'd take a walk through the house. in Alice's room she had clusters of ceramic pots and glass terrariums of gorgeous green plants all over the room, particularly crowded around the window. she had a large white bed, a white dresser and vanity, a walk-in closet, a white work desk with a smart nordic stool, and a big, white, fluffy rug. other than plants, little crafts and art supplies filled up much of the space on the walls and floor. she was a prolific painter and ceramic crafter. she also had a fantastic display of crystals and minerals on wooden shelves on her walls.

I'd spent at least an hour just studying the things in her room, but they had much more time to kill than that on wedding planning. Bella wasn't too thrilled on the details, but there were certain things she couldn't leave Alice to plan on her own, or else it would all be too extravagant.

"so no flower girl, right?" Alice asked Bella as I stepped out of the room, heading towards to kitchen slowly. I appreciated the art on the walls, curated by Esme, or so I'm told. the hallway walls were white and adorned with golden candelabras, butterflies, cherubs and picture frames. this hallway, which connected to Alice and Jasper's room, Carlisle and Esme's room, Rosalie and Emmetts room, and a bathroom, seemed to follow two themes; nature and love. there were angels embracing, lovers entwined, a summer field of sunflowers, a cross stitch of a prayer. it was thoughtfully prepared.

in the kitchen, I thought about how I needed to get new shoes for Bella's wedding even though I really, really hated shopping for shoes. I dreaded searching the aisles for something bearable enough to wear for at least two or three hours. and I thought about the hair and makeup. I filled a glass of water in the sink and as I drank it, I imagined how happy my parents would be, watching my sister marry someone she truly loved with all of her heart.

with my glass in hand, I turned towards the windows facing the backyard when I saw that Rosalie was in the room with me. a hand flew to my chest and I took a sharp breath in and said, "oh my god, you scared me."

she eyed me up and down without saying anything. this bitch really pissed me off sometimes. it felt like she wanted to start something but I couldn't imagine why. it was driving me crazy.

I rolled my eyes and started to open the door to go out to the deck when she said, "you have no idea how good you have it."

confused, I turned to face her. "excuse me?"

"you're so lucky to have life and beauty... and you've just thrown it all away," she said as if she felt sorry for me. at least, thats what was showing in her eyes.

"what the fuck are you talking about?" I asked, getting increasingly more irritated.

she scoffed, looked directly at me and said, "you had a chance to be perfectly beautiful and look what you've done to your skin. not only that, but I know-"

"fuck you," I interrupted. she seemed shocked at my choice of language and stood there with her mouth hanging open. her stupid, beautiful, ugly mouth.

she stared at the scars on my legs, then my arms. I felt hot with anger. "all I'm saying is, maybe you could've ended up with a person... rather than a dog... if you'd taken care of yourself a little better."