Tutor

The next morning, Adrien stepped out of his Limousin. He joined Ayla and Nino as they chatted on the steps of the school.

"Good morning, you two! How did your date go yesterday?"

"Dudee, I didn't know if I would vibe with it, but Jagged Stone totally knows Music!" Nino said as he relived the concert mentally.

"I also wasn't too much of a fan, but I have to admit I might be now." Alya told him

"So you both didn't like him. But you still paid for tickets? That's a pretty expensive risk." Adrien questioned.

"Oh, no. We didn't buy the tickets. Marinette had actually received two tickets from Jagged himself. She wanted to ask her crush to go with her, but like always, she couldn't bring herself to do it." Alya told him.

"Oh. That's a shame. I'm sure they would have wanted to go with her had she asked." He reasoned.

'I wonder who Marinette has feelings for? Maybe she still likes Luka?'

"Yeah, dude, I'm sure they would've.." Nino commented, Adrien thought he detected a hit of annoyance in his voice.

"We're gonna head in now. See you in class, see ya, Adrien, " Alya said as the couple quickly walked into the school.

Out of the corner of his eye, Adrien noticed Marinette rushing into the school. Surprisingly, she was on time. Following behind the blue haired girl, both made it into the classroom.

Mme. Busier was happy to see Marinette had seemed to learn her lesson. Before class started, she instructed all the students to pass their assignments to the front to be collected.

"Oh no..."

Adrien heard Marinette make a noise behind him, followed by her shuffling in her bag. He strained his ears to listen to Alya and Marinette.

"What's wrong, gurl? Don't tell me you didn't do the work..." Alya asked.

"No, I have it.. I just don't think I finished it last night. Damned Cat..." Adrien silently laughed at her complaint. Earning a glance from Nino.

"Cat? Since we do you have a cat?"

"Uh, it's a metaphor?" Marinette said

"It really isn't thou–" Alya tried to correct her.

"Yes! I did finish it!" Marinette said happily, clutching the paper to her chest.

"Oh, gurl.. You had me scared. I wouldn't want to know what Mme. Busier would have done to you. Now pass it up to loverboy."

Adrien couldn't help but make a face to himself at the odd nickname.
'Loverboy? Would that be Nino?'

"A-ayla!" Marinette attempted to quiet her friend. "A-Adrien.. Can you the– take these?"

Adrien whipped his head around, confused. Marinette wore a meek expression as she held out the overly sized stack of papers. Confused, Adrien grabbed the papers regardless and gave her a soft smile. To which she responded by quickly shifting her eyes away and put her head down.

Adrien paled at her reaction.
'She definitely hates me... I need to fix that,' he thought.

Mme. Busier collected all of the assignments and took a quick look at the stack for Marinette's specifically.

"Very good, Marinette... now you will just need to keep this up for a month."

"A-a month?!"

"Yes, is there a problem with that Mlle. Dupain-Chen? Perhaps Mr. Democlies can help with your complaint." She said as she started to reach for the phone on her desk.