Tie battle, Yavin 4, Preparing

Axel POV

I reach the cockpit Han and Chewie powering up the ship I help them Han said "I hope that old man got the tractor beam out of commission, or this is gonna be a short trip" I turn flipping a few switched I said "I'm sure he did" Han looks said "Okay, hit it" I turn to watch the ship turns and leaves the hanger Chewier growls said "Aargh aargh" He nods as Han push a lever.

I frown thinking that Luke's sad about what happened to Obi Wan, but I take a deep breath and help Han and Chewie I look at the radar Han said "We're coming up on their sentry ships" He turn the chair "Hold them off" Chewie press a button "Angle the deflector shields while I charge up the main guns" Han looks to me "You know to fire a gun" I nod said "Yeah, I do"

Han turns said "Get the kid on the gun with you to take those sentry ships" I nod and run out of the cockpit around the curve to see Leia comforting Luke who said "I can't believe he's gone" R2, R3 and C-3PO stares at him Leia said "There wasn't anything you could have done" I approach them putting my helmet on the table I said "Come on, Luke".

Catching Luke and Leia's attention "We're not out of this yet" I turn and run with Luke behind me we reach the ladder and start to climb to the gunner above me as Luke takes the bottom one, I sit down put a headset on I flip a switch "You in, Luke" Luke said "Yeah, I'm in" I hold the controls while the chair moves, I said "Stay sharp".

I look at the screen then the ship begins to shake, and a map appears on the screen I glance at the window then to the screen Leia said "Here they come" I saw four Tie's heading for us I fire only to miss I turn as the ship shakes, I turn to fire only to miss again Luke said "They're coming in too fast" I look at the screen I said "I know".

Turning around and fire again to miss I look at the screen the ship shakes again Leia said "We've lost the lateral controls" I turn as Han said "Don't worry", I move again aiming "She'll hold together" I move the gunner and fire again to miss I took a deep breath as a Tie turns firing but I fire destroying it I laugh smiling.

I turn to fire again and Luke calls "Got him" I turn my head "I got him" I give him a thumbs up I said "Great job, Luke" Han just said "Don't get cocky" I turn back to fire at the remaining Ties as Leia said "There's still two more of them out there", I fire said "I see them" I move again I rapid fire on the Ties but miss I flip a switch.

Looking back at the Tie in front of me I turn firing but miss I look at the screen to see one got hit I smile meaning Luke got him I adjust it and turn looking at the Tie heading I narrow my eyes and press the triggers and fire destroying the Tie making an explosion I sigh in relief taking the headset off Luke said "That's it we did it" I got off I said "That's all of them".

3rd POV

Meanwhile back on the Death Star in an area Tarkin is looking at the screen and Vader walks to him Tarkin ask "Are they away" Vader turns said "They've just made the jump into hyperspace" He turns back Tarkin ask "You're sure the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship" He glance to Vader and back to the screen and walks forward "I'm taking an awful risk, Vader" Vader breaths "This had better work".

Meanwhile Chewie walks out of the cockpit and Han takes his gloves off smiling he ask "Not a bad bit of rescuing, huh" He looks to Leia who sits where Chewie was "You know, sometimes I amaze even myself" Leia leans up she said "That doesn't sound too hard" She moves her head "They let us go" She leans forward "It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape".

Han ask "Easy" He leans "You call that easy" Leia said "They're tracking us" Han shake his head he said "Not this ship, sister" Leia shake her head looking forward she said "At least the information in R2 is still intact" Han just ask "What's so important" He leans in "What's he carrying" Leia turns to him she said "The technical readouts of that battle station".