Chapter 58

"Emily, can you please help me?" Anastasia questioned, calling me into her room.

"Yeah, of course," I answered with a smile, helping her stuff the last of her clothes into her suitcase. One of the perks of travelling via private jet was that there wasn't a limit on the luggage.

For the most part, in England, my mom had purchased all new furniture for the house. However, Anastasia insisted on bringing all her clothes and a majority of her knickknacks. She had five huge suitcases packed to the rim with clothes, pillows, stuffed animals, Barbie's, and random souvenirs that she apparently wasn't able to part with for the remainder of the year.

"I'm so sad you're not coming with us," Ana frowned, sitting on her suitcase as I zipped it up.

"I'll call you every day, I promise," I assured her. "But I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too, but I hope you have fun here," she smiled. "We're different, but that's okay."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you want to stay in Michigan and be with your friends. But, on the other hand, I want to go to England and be adventurous. I'm super excited to live in a brand new house and make brand new friends at my brand new school," she squealed.

"I suppose you're right," I replied, letting a lazy smile fall onto my face. "I guess we are a little different after all, huh?"

"And you'll have tons of fun with Joey," she beamed, sending me a quick wink.

"Oh, totally," I smiled, but it didn't quite reach my eyes. For some reason, ever since Joey and I had that conversation in the middle of the night, Joey had been spaced out. I thought we had come to an agreement: we were going to stay together because we both wanted it. But, in the back of my head, I had this aching feeling that he was having second thoughts.

Now, obviously, if he didn't want to be with me because it wasn't working for him or whatever, I wouldn't be opposed to him breaking up with me. I mean, obviously, I'd be upset, but I couldn't force him to date me. However, this was entirely different because the only reason he wanted to break up was because he was scared of how we would get through the future.

"When are you going to start staying over there?" Anastasia asked, thankfully saving me from my disheartening thoughts.

"I was planning on staying there tonight, but coming back here to pack up my things tomorrow," I informed her.

"Oh, that'll be fun," she smiled, hopping off her mattress. "Will you help me wheel these down the stairs?"

"Yep," I answered, grabbing two suitcases and following her down the steps.

"Oh, perfect," my mother sighed, obviously stressed about the move. "You can put those in the trunk of Bailee's car—or the backseat. Actually, just find room for them anywhere. Oh goodness, I need a drink."

I laughed at the strain she was putting on the situation and followed Anastasia into the blistering cold weather. We shoved her luggage into the creaks of the trunk and ended up having to throw two of her bags into the backseat.

"Are you girls ready?" my mother asked, briskly checking the house and making sure everything was packed. However, we had already discussed that if she forgot anything, I would ship it out to her as soon as I could.

"Yep," I answered for both of us, buckling my seatbelt beside Ana in the middle row of Bailee's minivan.

"Alright, let's get a move on," she sighed, locking up the house and clambering into the passenger seat. She entered the address of the restaurant we would be eating at into the GPS and talked aimlessly as Bailee drove us.