Chapter 36

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 40K ♥♥ LIKE HOLY COW fjdklasfjdk

"I don't wanna," I sighed, running a hand through my disheveled hair.

"But it's one of the few traditions we actually have," Joey argued.

"Why don't you understand that Lillia hates me? There's no way I'm going without her," I snapped.

Joey exhaled. "You're going to regret this, Em."

"I can go shopping any day I want. The fun part is hanging out together," I admitted with a frown. I turned around and buried my head into the uncomfortable hotel pillow.

"Are you absolutely positive?"

"Yep," I remarked, making sure to pop the 'p' sound. "Let's just go to sleep."

It was three o'clock in the morning, and we had just settled into the hotel. Usually, we would be Black Friday shopping at this exact moment, but I really wasn't in the mood. Besides, the guys hated it anyways.

"Go talk to her," Joey pleaded for the millionth time. "She was drunk when you first spoke to her."

"No. She made herself clear," I spoke, repeating the same sentence I had used against him every time.

"Fine, then we're getting a smoothie at that really good place in the lobby," Joey decided.

"You can go alone. I'm going to bed," I declared, lifting the comforter over my head.

"Please come with me," Joey begged, making a puppy dog face. "What if someone kills me on the way up? Who would drink the rest of my smoothie?"

"If there's a murderer out there, and I go with you, then I'd be too dead to drink your smoothie anyways," I pointed out.

Joey let out a deep breath before throwing the comforter off of my body and scooping me up. "I didn't want to do this the hard way, but you leave me no choice."

He carried me to the elevator and down to the lobby, ignoring my squirming body and cries for help. I wouldn't be surprised if the other lodgers thought I was getting kidnapped.

When we arrived at the smoothie place, Joey finally set me down. He grabbed my hand and guided me to the counter.

To my left, I heard a muffled scream, and immediately my head shot towards a strangled Lillia. Jake had his hand over her mouth, and was trying to make as little noise as possible.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breath. "Is this some kind of intervention?"

"You two need to talk this problem out," Jake announced, releasing Lillia. The first thing she did was slap him in the face. The second was storm off.

"Whoa, not so fast," Joey groaned, grabbing her. Instead of immaturely running off like I wanted to, I stood with my arms crossed before me.

"There's nothing we have to say to each other," Lillia whispered.

"You should have come to Gram's for Thanksgiving last night," I murmured. "She missed you."

Lillia's eyes softened for only a second before hardening again. "Maybe I'll visit her sometime next week," she shrugged.

"Lillia, tell Emily how much you want to go Black Friday shopping," Jake chimed in.

"I don't."

"Perfect, because I don't want to either," I assured her.

"Good," she replied bitterly.

"Great," I cheekily smiled.

"So are we done here or...?" Lillia asked, turning to Jake and Joey.