Author's Note

So, on November 22, 2018, over on Tapas, I posted the teaser episode for When The Rain Stops, a slow-burn LGBT tragiromance about Jackson falling in love with Rory. Incidentally, most of what I ended up writing would change dramatically (since I hadn't planned that far into the story), but ended up taking it down purely because it was changing so much. The story itself went live as a winter holiday gift for my lovely readers in December of that year.

This is the longest-running (and probably the angriest) story I've ever written, but I do not regret it in any regard.

So this story was spurned on by two things -

1. A story set specifically in high school between two guys, wherein pretty much all the characters were irredeemable that it pissed me off (BUT THE STORY WAS SO GOOD), and

2. Summer love stories that span three months, that usually are so earth-shatteringly amazing that the MC's world just changes so drastically afterward.

So, after getting to the end of the first story, which remains (sadly) unfinished by the time of posting this, I decided to write a story that subverted those clichés in a grounded way, wherein characters were neither inherently good or bad, stressing realistic developments and character interaction over an overdramatized story and characters.

How'd I do?

I seriously can't thank everyone enough for their following, comment, and liking this. This story would not be what it is without people like you taking the time to read it.

I'd like to remind everyone as well that this story is a WIP, so chapters might be added to (or edited) to reflect my desire to make it perfect (or close to it). If you have any thoughts on how to do it, please feel free to let me know!

Thank you again for reading!

Gratefully yours,
writerkid101

P.S. When this gets (self-)published, 2(3) things will (might) happen -

1. This will remain up for free to read. Good stories deserve to be told, not locked off (and even though taking it down would drive physical sales, I am against it; it'll stay up and free [and to thwart people trying to steal it and post it online]).

2. I will definitely announce when it's going to be (self-)published! That you're going to have to pay for, unfortunately.

3. There is a very strong possibility that it will be (self-)published under a new name (as "When The Rain Stops Falling" is an award-winning play and is the only thing on Google when you search "When The Rain Stops"). If that does happen, I'll try to come up with a new name, even put the suggestions to a poll over on my Patreon. When it does get (self-)published, I'll keep the name here the same for consistency reasons.

P.P.S. If you enjoyed this story, feel free to check out my new upcoming one - I'll Burn With You, a historical queer romance (with a good ending!) set in the final decade of Gilded Age America - it officially launches in 9 days, and I'd appreciate it if you checked it out!

Again, thank you so much for your support, guys!