The Wedding Continued

"I don't think that anything happens by coincidence... No one is here by accident... Everyone who crosses our path has a message for us. Otherwise, they would have taken another path or left earlier or later. The fact that these people are here means they are here for some reason..." ― James Redfield, The Celestine Prophecy.

Juliet heard a gentle knock on the door, soon followed by a distinctive creak as her father pushed it open. He was wearing a grey Armani suit that fit him perfectly, and his blue denim eyes shone with unshed tears. His dark blonde hair was neatly combed and styled, giving him an air of elegance and sophistication. As he walked towards her, he flashed her a wry smile, expecting her to kick him out of the room. But Juliet loved her old man despite everything.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart," he said softly, kissing her temple tenderly. Juliet blinked a couple of times, trying to hide the tears that threatened to roll down her cheeks. She wished her mother were here to see her on this special day. Her father hugged her tightly, and she felt his sadness and regret. "I wish your wedding was happening under different circumstances. I am sorry, princess. I am sorry, Daddy can't do anything this time," he whispered sadly.

"Dad!" Juliet whispered as she tightened her grip around him, trying to reassure him. "You taught me to face my fears. We can get through this," she added, trying to sound confident. But inside, she was afraid and uncertain.

"I am sorry," her father apologized as they let go of each other. Juliet wiped his tears, flashing him a small simile. She fixed his crooked tie, trying to keep her emotions in check. Her mother would have been proud of her on a day like this if only Maryanne were here to see it. She missed her mother terribly, especially in moments like this.

"Dad! I am supposed to be the one crying, not consoling you!" Juliet joked, trying to lighten the mood. Jeremy walked into the room, ignoring their father, and stood before her, looking concerned.

"Sis, are you okay with this?" Jeremy asked, his denim blue eyes filled with worry and anger directed towards Keith. The night Keith forcefully proposed to Juliet, Jeremy told her about his conversation with Keith. Unfortunately, Keith had proven to be not only arrogant but also rude and disrespectful.

"I have a plan," Juliet replied, flashing her younger brother a small smile. She let go of her father's arm and hugged Jeremy tightly. "If this plan works out, I will be coming back home with you guys," she whispered in his ear. The siblings soon let go of each other, and Juliet tried to hold back the tears in her eyes.

The prospect of marrying Keith was overwhelming for Juliet. Her life was changing so fast that she could barely keep up. Juliet had never lived away from her family, and the thought of spending her life with Keith terrified her. "Come on, let's go now. I am sure everyone is waiting for us in the car!" Juliet said, holding up her dress so she wouldn't trip on her four-inch high heels. The bride held onto her father's arm. James nervously chuckled, guiding her out of the suite and into the elevator.

A white limo was waiting for them outside the hotel. Meredith, Stephanie, Abigail, and Kimberly were already inside. It was a twenty-minute drive to the church. Juliet felt Jeremy's warm hand on her sweaty palm.

"Breath, Juliet! You will be just fine!" Meredith said as they stood behind the long wooden doors of the church.

"Yeah! Just pretend he is Channing Tatum!" Abigail said, making Juliet smile despite the uncontrollable nervous backflips in her stomach. Juliet took a deep breath; this was it!

"Hey," an unfamiliar voice greets them. Juliet looks up at the stranger. She remembers Abigail telling her that he is one of Keith's friends. Neal Hartman?