Ray Jacobsen Hotel Project

Dedicated to thereenstry

"I wish I could explain your eyes. And how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How your smile makes my heart skip a beat. And how every time I'm with you, I feel so complete." ― Christopher Quinones

Sunlight, pale and tentative, began to creep through the space between the curtains, painting hazy stripes across the rumpled sheets. Juliet stirred, a frown creasing her brow as an unfamiliar sensation washed over her. It was a feeling of being watched, a prickling awareness that someone's gaze was fixed upon her. She fluttered her eyelids open to find Keith propped up on one elbow, his head resting in his palm as he studied her with an intensity that sent a shiver down her spine. His eyes held a multitude of emotions - tenderness, a hint of worry, and something deeper, something she couldn't quite decipher. Were it not for the warmth radiating from his gaze, the way they held a flicker of concern, it could have bordered on unnerving.

"Good morning, my love," he greeted, his voice a husky murmur as he leaned down to press a soft kiss to her lips. Habit, a comfortable routine, yet a spark ignited within her at his touch. A smile, slow and sleepy, stretched across her face.

"Morning," Juliet replied, a smile flashing across her face as she glanced at the clock. Forty minutes to prepare for work, for a new client, for a new challenge.

"Keith! Why didn't you wake me up?" she exclaimed, springing upright in bed.

Three days had passed since their passionate encounter. The memory of it clung to the air like the scent of expensive cologne, a tangible reminder hanging unspoken between them. Juliet had been the picture of shyness the next day. Her cheeks flushed a constant rosy pink whenever their gazes locked. But Keith, ever the gentleman, had refrained from teasing remarks, sensing her discomfort.

A semblance of normalcy returned, a carefully constructed mask hiding the simmering tension beneath the surface. Juliet knew this normalcy was a lie. Their relationship had shifted on its axis, irrevocably altered by the heat they'd shared. An unspoken truth simmered beneath the surface. A new emotion crackled between them, a potent energy she desperately tried to ignore, but a part of her knew they couldn't ignore it forever.

A conversation loomed, a need to define this new space they occupied. Yet, a knot of fear tightened in her chest. Vulnerability, the very thing labels and commitment demanded, terrified her. The scars of past hurts ran deep, a constant reminder of the potential for pain.

A welcome distraction arrived in the form of Mark's announcement. A prestigious hotel project awaited, and she'd work alongside a partner. A thrill of anticipation shot through her, a spark of excitement amidst the swirling emotions. A month under Mark's tutelage had solidified her position as a valued team member. Showing up late, especially on a day like this, was not an option.

"You looked so peaceful," Keith replied, offering his usual excuse for his morning silence. Juliet sighed, rolling her eyes playfully. Just as she rose to start her day, a warm hand snagged her wrist, tugging her back down onto the bed. His lips met hers in a kiss, deep and lingering, a silent plea she couldn't ignore. Her body responded instinctively, betraying the voice in her head, screaming about deadlines and professionalism.

"I'll be late for work," she mumbled, a weak attempt to push him away. Her heart hammered against her ribs, a traitorous counterpoint to the warring emotions swirling within her. His playful smirk, the one that always seemed to land her in trouble, only intensified her inner conflict.

"Shower together?" he teased, a playful glint in his eyes. Heat flooded her cheeks, a crimson blush staining her face.

"No!" she squeaked, a laugh bubbling up despite her feigned seriousness. This time, her push held more conviction. They both knew the truth - if Keith wasn't determined to let her go, they could easily lose themselves in the tangled sheets for hours. "Keith, I really need to get ready!" she whined, the playful edge to her voice betraying her lingering desire.