Chapter 5: Level 1

"Carnivorous ostriches? W-what is that?" says Mayor Goodway with intense fear.
"Ha! You're scared! The people of Adventure Bay are all scared!" laughs Mayor Humdinger.

Everest: This is no time for jokes! We must leave now!

"Hundinger! You are military Jack and you have to help me fight those ostriches!" Skye says determinedly.

Mayor Humdinger: Oh come on! I'm too old for this children's game!

Rubble: No...no. There are too many ostriches. We have to move away from here. We have to look for something around us!

Rocky: Rubble...I want my character back.

"Gotcha! I found two 4x4s that don't look broken!" exclaims Everest.
"Great! Goodway, Rocky and I in one. And Humdinger, Rubble and Everest in the other." Skye says, getting into the first vehicle.
Everyone settles in, and Skye's vehicle heads to north.

Mayor Humdinger: Let me drive!

Rubble: No! I'm smart enough to drive quickly a vehicle!

Everest: They are coming! Start the engine!

Rubble: I'm trying! It doesn't work!

Fortunately, the vehicle starts but the ostriches are now very close to Rubble's vehicle.
"Phew...Birds don't eat meat." says Humdinger.
"Those are eating meat! Watch out! An ostrich right next to you!" says Everest

An ostrich grabs Military Jack's arm with its beak.
"Aaahhh!! I'm dying!"
"Humdinger! Just hit the ostrich!" Rubble yells, trying to speed up.

Mayor Humdinger: Oh? I can do this?

Mayor Humdinger hits the ostrich head so hard that it goes away behind the herd of ostriches.

"Haha! I was like that in my twenties!" says Humdinger, proud of himself.

Everest: Rubble! Speed up!

Rubble accelerates away from the ostriches until it reaches Skye where the ostriches eventually leave.
"Oof! Yeah! We did it!" says Rubble.

Skye: Where is Everest?

"Everest..." Rubble says seeing the empty seat next to Humdinger.
"Where is she!?"

Mayor Humdinger: Well, your friend is gone. I mean, an ostrich grabbed her and ate her.

Skye: She'll reappear! We have to get her back before she gets eat again.

Skye starts her vehicle again then drives in the opposite direction. Everest appears in the sky and she falls, but Skye comes in time to catch her on her vehicle.

Everest: Oh...Thank you bestie....They're coming back!!

Skye and Everest manage to move away again from the animals and join their friends.
"How..." asks Mayor Goodway, astonished.

Rocky: I guess you have two lives left now. Anyway, the map indicates that we have to take this way for level 2.

Skye: And what is level 2?

Rocky: Steal the key from a village and run away.

Skye: I hope Chase will be there.