Potions Problems

Y/N was sat in the middle of his two friends. Neville sat on his left while Pansy sat on his right. Hermione was on the other side of Neville, then Harry, then Ron.

It was their first lesson of the day, double potions, and the last day of the week. Neville was whimpering quietly to himself.

"What's wrong Nev?" Y/N asked.

"Professor Snape. I've heard he's really scary. And he hates Gryffindors."

"He couldn't be scarier than me Nev".

Neville had a small chuckle.

"You're not scary Y/N".

Hermione had been reading her potions textbook but her eyes subtly looked to her right, now listening to the boys' conversation.

"DRACO" Y/N suddenly yelled across the class.

"AHHH" the greasy haired boy screamed out, jumping high out of his seat.

Pansy tried her best not to laugh but failed, giggling wildly at the blonde gits reaction.

"What do you think you're laughing at you filthy blood traitor!"

Draco's venomous words had the desired effect, Pansy looking down as tears started to fall out of her eyes.

Draco looked at his cousin and realised he had messed up.

"Two things cousin. One you actually are stupid enough to believe being called a blood traitor is an insult aren't you. Guess what. It isn't you filthy disgusting pure blooded bigot. Secondly...."

Y/N's face changed to a look of rage as he stood. Draco and his two goons, as well as the other Slytherins in the class, grew looks of fear. The Gryffindors were for the most part, shocked.

"You ever. EVER. Talk to her like that again, I'll break your jaw. Knock your teeth down your throat. Do you understand me? Say yes."

Draco whimpered looking down before squeaking out a small yes. Pansy pulled Y/N's arm to sit down, which he did. She wrapped her arms tightly around his torso and squeezed, placing her face into his armpit. He slowly moved his arm around her and gently patted her back.

"Thank you." She whimpered out.

"Don't have to thank me Pansy. No one talks to my friends like that".

The other Gryffindors watched in silence.

It was at that moment Professor Snape burst through the door, walking quickly.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such I do not expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for the select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to...not...pay....attention"

Snape was glaring at Harry and Hermione kicked him under the table to get his attention.

"Mr. Potter... our latest celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood"

Harry shook his head and Hermione's hand shot up.

"You don't know. Well let's try again. Where would you look Mr. Potter If I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Harry again shook his head and Hermione's hand again shot up to answer the question. She was again ignored.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know sir"

Hermione was nearly jumping out of her seat, desperate to answer the teacher.

"Clearly Potter, fame isn't everything".

"Clearly Hermione knows the answers sir. It seems silly not to ask her."

"Put your hand down you foolish girl" Snape snapped, causing Hermione to do so and look down sadly.

"So is there a reason you're picking on Harry? I mean besides the fact that you're a greasy haired prick?"

Y/N asked coolly, the other students, even his his two friends, looked at him in shock.

"Deimos. I knew you would be trouble. Arrogant, just like your father."

"I am nothing like that bastard. Don't ever compare me to him again."

The students were again shocked, especially Ron. The potions master sneered.

"Sensitive subject is it boy? You do look so much like him. Not to mention your mother."

Pansy had to hold Y/N down to stop him from jumping out of his seat.

"Perhaps you know the answers. For your sake you had better."

"Draught of Living Death, the stomach of a goat and they're the same plant. Anything else?"

"Yes. Ten points from Gryffindor for Potter's cheek and twenty for yours. And a weeks worth of detention. Well, why aren't the rest of you writing this down."

The rest of the class was just as terrible. Snape had again got into a screaming match with Y/N after Snape yelled at Y/N for stopping Neville making a mistake on his potion. He gave him another weeks worth of detention.

The Gryffindors were sat at morning tea when an owl dropped a letter into Harry's hands.

"Hagrid's asked you and me to go to his place for afternoon tea Ron, oh and you too Hermione."

Hermione looked up from her book.

"Oh. That's strange. Ok"

Harry happily replied they would come and returned the note to the owl.

They had Defence Against the Dark Arts after morning tea.

Y/N was again sitting with Pansy and Neville, Hermione having to take the seat next to Pansy as it was the last one left spare.

The class was dreadful, the teacher was a stuttering mess, and the classroom stunk of garlic.

Y/N was glaring at the teacher and it seemed to make him even more nervous.

"Hey what's wrong Y/N?" Pansy whispered to him as he glared.

"I don't know somethings just off about him. I can't put my finger on it."

The class finally finished and the three friends left, Hermione just behind them.

"I'll see you guys later." Y/N said, upsetting both Pansy and Neville.

"Why aren't you coming to lunch?" Pansy asked sadly.

"Dumbledore asked me to go see Hagrid at lunchtime, asked me to take Swoop."

Y/N whistled loudly and the bird appeared suddenly, landing on his owners shoulder.

"Catch you both later" Y/N said as he exited the school grounds.