Chapter 4 ~ Him

Abby

I'm laying down in bed right down under my covers shoving my nose into this guys hoodie. I didn't get his name, but I knew he was on the hockey team. It was the guy I always catch looking at me in school.

I also know him because we went to highschool together. One time, we were partners for a project and we were silent almost the whole time. He was shy, I was shy, it just wasn't a good combo.

I don't know why, but he was there and I used him for my own comfort. I feel bad. I never meant to rant to him about my problems. He probably thinks I'm insane. His hoodie is so soft though. It's mine now, stranger man. It smells so good too.

Like a vanilla mint mix. I hope that the smell doesn't wear off soon. I might have to ask him to wear it once more and then give it back once it smells like him.

Yeah I'm definitely insane.

I know that he is one of the many guys who hates Dylan. Because he and Eli are captains, they use it against him. It's pretty funny to me. I don't know his name though. Instagram will solve everything.

I go to our school's hockey teams page and look at all the pictures. Funny how Dylan is not in any of them. I scroll till I see a picture with the caption 'our captains'. There I see Eli and a stranger. I click on tags and follow it to his page.

Cole

Cole Carter is his name.

Hot.

Like the woman I am, I stalk his page which is mostly just hockey and him and Elias. I accidentally like the recent photo. I close my phone in shock and just stare up at the ceiling.

I didn't just do that.

I sat here for a while, hoping that Cole has so many followers that he won't even notice that I liked his photo. I continue back on my phone after ten minutes of thinking.

What if he thinks I'm a total creep? That would not be good for my image. I will never get a good boyfriend if I'm known as the girl who tries to seek comfort in another guy. I hope he doesn't tell Dylan what happened and try to comfort him.

☔️

I just got out of my art class, it's the next day. I'm not going to lunch today. Instead, I'm going to go finish my work behind the bleachers since no one goes back there. And if there are people back there, they're too busy making out to notice me or bother me.

I haven't seen Dylan today, well I have but I haven't gone over to him at all. He's seen me as well, and he tries to go up to me, but I always see Elias holding him back. I'm sitting behind the bleachers quietly.

I'm now coloring the picture I was drawing yesterday. The breeze is making it harder for me. Oh did I also mention that I'm yet again in Cole's hoodie. Yep, why? Because it calms me down.

I never understood why people have those smelling oils to calm them. Now I know. I'm luckily the only person here today so I have peace and quiet.

I hear the dirt around me being moved and I look up to see Cole standing there, smiling down at me. He comes and sits down next to me. I continue to look at him until he speaks up, "You look amazing in my hoodie peach." He gives me a cocky grin.

I roll my eyes and go back to my drawing. I let him sit here and watch me as I finish the final details. "So you draw?" I look up to him and nod. "It's beautiful, what is it?" I thank him and proceed to tell him what it is. Including my whole story with my sister.

He listens to every single detail and nods at me letting me know he is listening. "Well I came here to get quiet time but you being here is more calming. I give him a smile which he returns.

We then sit here for a while looking straight, not saying anything. My eyes began to feel heavy. I feel my head dropping and then I jerk up when the bell rings. I try to get up but Cole brings me back down.

He sits me right next to him like before and puts my head on his shoulder and whispers, "Get sleep, I will cover for you." I nod because his voice is not something you can say no to.

I rest my head there and let sleep overtake me. His warm scent becomes strong since his physical body is here. That gets me to sleep deep.

☔️

I wake up with a yawn and stretch out my hands. I see that our position has changed and now he has his head on mine and is snoring. He has his hand on top of my hand that's resting on the leg.

I don't want to wake him up so I close my eyes and rest even though I'm not tired. I can feel him shift minutes later, lifting his head up to look me in the eye. He looks like he wants to kiss me.

I want to kiss him too.

I want to lean into him and let him take away all my worries. But what if he's just like Dylan? This is exactly what Dylan did to get me in bed. I turn my head straight again and I can hear him sigh.

I know he is disappointed in me for not breaking up with Dylan. But there's nothing I can do about it.

"Your birthday is coming up right?" I nod my head slowly because I'm curious how he knows that. "July tenth." I say and he nods. He then grabs his backpack and gets up. I waved goodbye and left. I realize we have been here for so long that school has been over for a couple hours.

I should probably go home and eat.