Chapter 6 ~ Fight

Cole

Abby is standing in between my legs while I sit on the counter and let her put on a face mask on me. Gosh, the things I do for this woman. We went back to her dorm so that we could use more of her products. She has been giggling non stop because I look 'funny'. She said that I can put one on her after she is done with me.

Our position feels a little intimate. Not that I'm complaining but I hope it doesn't weird her out. She has been concentrating on this face mask for the past five minutes. She messed up a few times and even got some in my hair.

She is also making me wear one of those headband things that keep your hair out of your face. I watch her face as she watches mine. I study her light freckles and the pieces of dirty blond hair that falls down on her face.

I naturally take my hand and pull it back. She stops with the face mask to look at me and give me a smile. I smile back as she finishes up with the mask. She giggles again, "Done!" She is very excited.

I then hop off the counter and she hops on it. I struggle to open the mask and she laughs, grabbing it from me and handing it back to me once opened. I gave her a grin and put some of the mask on my hands.

I rub it all over her face as she giggles from the cold. I playfully put some on her neck and she fake gasps and wipes it off and rubs it on my arm. We do this for a while, by the time we are done she is peeling on my mask.

"Ouch." I say as she rips off another layer. "Sorry, beauty is pain." I shake my head and let her take the rest off and wash my face. She then rips hers off and does the same thing.

We are sitting on her pink couch and watching Finding nemo. We are sharing a blanket but we aren't touching each other. I shift to get comfortable on the couch. She does the same as we look back to the tv.

I notice it's gone quiet so I turn to her and see she is asleep. I turn off the tv and slowly get up. Wrapping her in the blanket and picking her up bridal style. She shifts to cuddle more into me which makes me freeze. I'm now standing in her hallway not wanting to walk any closer to her room because that means I'm going to have to leave.

I then decided I should leave. So I walk to her room and place her down on her bed. Once she is in bed she curls up to a pillow and lets her mouth open to breath. I stare at her for a while and then lean down to kiss her forehead.

I then turn off that light and head back to the living room to clean everything up. Once it's all cleaned up, I make sure to write her a note that says, 'I had a good time peaches, please don't stress or worry about what we did. You deserve to have fun.'

I then make sure to put the note next to her nightstand and whisper one last 'goodnight peaches' and close the door. Making sure that I took the extra key to lock the door.

☔️

It's Monday and I'm stuck at hockey practice, listening to Dylan talk bad about Abby. He treats her like absolute crap. I know the rest of the boys on the team hate it as well and they tell him to stop but he just doesn't.

Me and Eli have been passing the puck for practice for a while. I have been thinking a lot about Abby since her birthday. I passed her at school today and she smiled at me. For once she looked happy.

"Yeah man I don't know what her problem is. She is always complaining that I hang out with other girls but she never wants to hang out with me." I hear Dylan say as I pass the locker room. I can tell the guys he's talking to are not interested in what he has to say.

"Maybe it's because you don't treat her the way she deserves to be treated. I mean what kind of woman likes her boyfriend hanging out with other girls. And if you know she doesn't like it, why do you keep doing it?" Mike says and I'm so glad he did.

I know everyone on this team would defend Abby in a heartbeat. The next thing Dylan says makes me question his life's existence.

"I don't care what she likes and doesn't like, I'm my own person and if she doesn't like it why doesn't she break up with me?" That's it.

"Maybe because you keep her trapped in your toxic relationship? Maybe because you threatened to do the worst to her? MAYBE because you traumatized her so much that she is terrified of you. Or maybe it's because you slapped her just for walking away from you, what will you do if she yells back to you? Or even hit you?" I yell and that makes him turn his head.

"THIS IS NONE YOUR BUSINESS CARTER STAY THE HELL OUT OF THIS!" He lunges at me and tackles me to the ground. I managed to get on top of him and punch him in the jaw.

We go at this for a while before I hear a scream that doesn't sound like any of the boys. I stop and turn to see Abby is standing at the doorway with her hand over her mouth. She sees my bloody face and knuckles.

She then takes charge and runs to us. "What the hell is your problem!" She yells to Dylan, I'm now standing behind her. "What do you mean he started it!" He yells back ready to hit her again. I make sure to give all the boys a look.

"I was here the whole time and heard what you were saying! Cole is absolutely right. I'm over this, you can hurt me all you want, I'm done with this, we're done." She storms out of the room. I chase after her.

I see that outside the rink it's raining. I catch up to her in the parking lot and grab her wrist gently. I don't know if she thought it was Dylan because once she saw me she relaxed.

She breaks down in my hold. The rain is falling on us. I hug her close. "I don't want him to hurt me, Cole. I don't want to do this anymore." She cries. I shush her and hold her closer. I then bring her face up in my hands. "I'm not going to let him touch you. I promise peace, please believe me." She nods.

She leans in to kiss me and when I do the same I hear my name. A part of me wants to ignore and kiss her senseless but I can't. I turn and see Elias.

"Please get her home, Dylan is pissed and ready to break out. Don't take her to her dorm though." I nod and get Abby in my car, telling her I will have Elias drive it back.

This is going to be a long night.