Epilogue ~ Close to Love

Abby

So me and Dylan are back together, I confronted him and told him I was sorry for what I did, even though I did nothing, and I have been following him around like a lost puppy everyday.

Just like Cole said.

Secretly, I have been gaining some sort of confidence. When I go to hockey games, I cheer for Cole louder than Dylan. I still keep all the hoodies Cole gave me. Every time we come across each other, he doesn't give me dirty looks, he is simply cheering us on from the side.

Dylan hasn't hit me again because I haven't been defending myself or talking back. So my assumption was correct.

But because of this, he is constantly cheating and blaming it on me. Which never sits right, but I don't want to get hit so I say nothing.

Since we have been back together for a while, it seems like everyday, there is more and more hope that we are closer to the day where I finally get rid of him. I pray for that day.

I know Cole is too, sometimes he gives me notes in class, he says he is proud of me for taking this risk for him. He sends me purple flowers every week as well. And I always have to hide them in the shoe closet when Dylan comes over.

But other than that. Nothing too special going on.

EXCEPT, It's the new school year, and I paid extra for a roommate this year. I'm so excited. I hope I like her. Surprisingly, Dylan was okay with this which made me a little suspicious.

I'm excited to excel in art and get my life back on track with the downside of Dylan being in my life.

It sucks having to like him, or act like it at least.

☔️

Dylan hasn't been around for a while and I know what that means, he is with another girl. This is giving me so much free time to make more money at the diner. After the incident, I got promoted to manager and my pay was raised.

School will be starting Monday so I have been trying to get as much time in before I get busy with school.

I'm also supposed to be meeting my new roommate today. I have been so excited for this since I found out about her.

She is coming here from Paris, France! I bet she is rich and cool. Oh no she better not be snobby. She is supposed to be here soon because I saw that her key will be given to her anytime after four pm.

I bet if she is nice like I think she is, maybe I can set her up with Elias. That would be so cool.

I sigh as I finish work and head to the dorm rooms. It's around five o'clock so my roomie should be here.

I wave to the lady in the lobby and go to the elevator. I press my floor as I turn and see Cole in the corner of the elevator . I jump a bit and put my hand on my heart.

He lets out a deep chuckle and presses his floor. He looks at me and smiles. "I know I tell you everyday, but I'm proud of you, peach." He gets off the elevator leaving me blushing.

Even though he says it everyday, I will never get tired of hearing it. Because he is the first person to ever say that.

I get to my floor and start walking to my room. I use my keys to open the door and low and behold is my drop dead gorgeous roommate. I start to scream. Literally screaming, I can see that I have freaked her out. Oops.

"Omg, are you Fayette?" I ask and she nods. "YOU'RE GORGEOUS '' I say trying to hold my excitement but can't!

"Thank you." She lets out. I smile and she smiles back. "I'm Abby." I stick my hand out and she shakes it.

"We are going to be best friends, I just know it." I say which gets a laugh out of her and I pause. "Wait, is that a French accent I hear?" I ask and she nods. I start to jump up and down "That's so exciting!" She laughs.

"French accents are beautiful, and you speak such good English." I notice and she thanks me. "I will let you get some sleep since I assume you're very tired from your journey here." I sound like she is the princess coming from her kingdom to mine.

"Thank you, and yes I'm very tired." She says and I laugh. "Well goodnight Fayette." I walk to my room and hear her say, "Goodnight Abby."

Holy moly, I just made a friend. And she's nice. This gets me excited for the new year. I bet Cole will be proud that I made a friend.

I'm totally setting her up with Elias though.

THE END

Tons of info below

!!A/N - I hated to do this to them but it had to be done. This ended where the first chapter of Fayette started. If you haven't read Fayette, please do so you can see Cole and Abby's happy ending even though they are not really the main characters. !!

My socials are all @vxnserp

Let me know if I should make them a playlist as well.

Next story: Reece and Mayella

Thank you all for the support, again if you want to know how Abby and Cole got together and how their lives are going from here on out, check out my first book Fayette.
Much love! Jesus loves you stay safe!