Chapter 8 ~ Blues

Abby

"So you're just going to go around getting other guys' numbers huh?" The voice behind me says and sends shivers down my back. I don't turn around, I can't. I know he will hit me, I know he listened to every word I said to that guy.

I wish it was Cole. But it's not.

I keep my back to him but it doesn't work because he roughly pulls my shoulder and makes me face him. Since I'm in the kitchen, there are tons of people around so I don't understand why he would do this in a public setting.

Oh right, because he doesn't give a flip.

"Dylan, I told you we were over." I grit out and spit at him. His face grows harder and he seems like he is about to pop in any minute. "I don't care what you want and what you don't want little girl, you listen to me." He pushes me up against the stove... which was on. I jump back and cry in pain.

I kneel down and continue to rub my hand. I can tell the people around us are now aware and are getting in on the case. " Shoot Abby." He says (worse words though) He pulls me up but I drop all my weight so it's harder for him to pick me up.

"Damn did you gain freaking weight?" He then proceeds to put me on his shoulder. I can't fight back because he has me in a tight hold. I try to kick and scream but I can't, and my hand is burning.

If I don't treat it soon, it will get worse. Dylan loosens his grip on me which makes me fall to the ground. I get up and run to my car. Not bothering to check if I can run him over, I drove away and fast.

I head to the hospital on my own knowing that if Dylan followed me, he wouldn't be able to if I told the doctor so.

I park my car and turn off the car and lock it quickly. I run to the entrance as my hand feels like it's going to fall off. I don't think I'm being dramatic, it literally feels like someone poured boiling water on my hand and then put it in a waffle maker and squished my hand.

"Help! Please!" I yell as I run to the front desk. The lady sees me and my hand, her eyes widen and she gives me a sad smile, she calls for the nurses to take me back.

I stand here and wait for the nurse when she finally comes up to me and leads me to a room quickly. I look down the entire time, even when I hear Dylan calling my name.

"Is that your boyfriend?" The nurse asks and I say no, and ask her to keep walking. He gets me to a room and first puts my hand in a bowl of cold water. I hissed and let my hand sink into it. The nurse leaves to go get some 'jelly'.

I lay here with my eyes closed. I start to tear up thinking about my hand. Dylan didn't even care, I think all he cared about was that I was "embarrassing him"

I let out a shaky sigh and opened my eyes. Hearing the door open I see the nurse come in with the jelly. She rubs it on my hands until it's gone, then places it back in the cold water.

Maybe if I just did what Dylan said, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe our relationship wouldn't be this hard.

But I also think maybe my fighting will one day end with him giving up. So that way he won't hurt me anymore and let me be. I would rather be at home with my parents calling me a disappointment then be here getting abused by my boyfriend.

I don't want to live like this anymore. In a perfect world, I get to be with the love of my life. He will bring me flowers just because he loves me, he will take care of me and make me soup when I'm sick.

He would cuddle me to sleep and make sure I'm drinking water, making sure that I never forget to eat or drink or take vitamins. In a perfect world, I would be a mom of two children, specifically girls but I'm happy with anything. I would be working for an art museum down the coast of California, or anywhere, I would come home to my husband heating me up food he made that night for the kids.

He would then sit on the couch with me and drink wine, listening to my day, while I listen to him. He will rub my feet and tell me that I'm such a hard worker. He will love me endlessly.

In a perfect world, I'm with Cole. Because I have loved him since high school. I might not admit that for a while, but it will never change.

I love him, and these past couple weeks, proved me right. I love him, and he's my perfect future. That's why when I see him at the door of my hospital room, I cry.

But most importantly, I remind myself that I can't let him go.

But things have to be done before I get my perfect ending with Cole.

We are so close to love.