Chapter 5 ~ Peach

Cole

Yes I know her birthday, and no it's not weird. I just so happened to see that she liked my photo and I went to her page. I scrolled down till I got to a picture of her holding a cup of tea with a caption, 'it's my birthday, and I'm alone so I have my tea.' I laughed at this because it was just so cute.

After I saw she liked my photo, I went into panic mode and made Eli calm me down so I wouldn't go over to her dorm and kiss the living light out of her.

Even though that was the best option.

I found it hard though , I was going to kiss her, well I wasn't trying to but I just felt myself leaning in. Once she turned her head, all of my confidence went out the window. I know she didn't do it because she is still with Dylan.

And even if he is a complete idiot, Abby would never do that. So I asked her about her birthday to make it less weird when I show up to her dorm with presents.

I have been telling Eli what I'm getting her ever since I found out her birthday was coming up. Her birthday is in about a week so that gives me time to set up. I wonder if she would say yes to a date. I could care less about Dylan.

Something is absolutely wrong with me. I'm acting like a teenage girl. I have a note in my phone of baby names that I love. I do in fact have Pinterest that has wedding boards and date boards. Is that supposed to be the girl's thing?

My top two names at the top of my names for girls are Willow and Mayella, those are my favorite names. And I don't have any for boys because I refuse to have a boy.

Yeah, I'm definitely insane.

☔️

Yep, it's a week later and my room is filled to the brim with presents. Thank goodness it's a Saturday and we have no hockey because I really wanted to do something special for Abby.

That's why I'm having Elias take Dylan over to the team house for a boys night. Part of me was hoping that he would say no, that he wanted to be with his girlfriend for his birthday. But nope, he gladly accepted the offer and is going.

Elias is making sure to get him drunk so that Abby doesn't have to worry about him.

And that's why I'm standing in a nice tux in front of her dorm room with flowers in my hand, my hair slicked back as I check my breath, hoping that I get a kiss tonight.

She answers the door when I knock and she looks stunned. She is in a silk nightgown, she looks like she was about to have a spa night to herself.

"Happy birthday Peach." I hand her the orange flowers. She takes them and smells them as she gives me a smile. She then stands there for a minute before she invites me in. I walk in and watch as she places her flowers in a vase.

Then once she is done, she comes over to me and hugs me tightly. I obviously hugged her back with more effort and let her sink into my touch. I then her sniffling and I pull her away to look at her gorgeous face that is filled with tears.

"What's wrong Peach?" I ask and she shakes her head, wiping her face. "Nothing, it's just... no one has ever gotten me a gift, let alone flowers. Thank you." She whispers the last part and my heart shatters.

No one has ever gotten her a gift? Not even her parents or even her boyfriend?

She then looks down at what I'm wearing and snorts. I let out a grin as she looked at me. "You look handsome, why are you so dressed up?" She asks which makes me laugh. She grabs my tie and plays with it.

"Well, not only am I here to bring you flowers, but I'm offering you dinner in my dorm room." I say and see her face drop in worry. "And don't worry, Dylan wont find out, I promise peace." She relaxes and smiles at me, nodding.

She goes around her apartment and turns off all the lights. I lead her to my dorm while she is walking through the halls with her nightgown and cute dino slippers.

We make it to my dorm and I open the door to reveal a decorated dorm room. Pizza is sat at the table as well as sparkling cider since we are underage.

She looks around stunned and goes around touching things. "You did this for me?" I nod my head and bite my lip nervously. She gives me a wide smile and stands up on the couch. She jumps on my back and hugs me.

We spin around laughing as I set her down and help her to the table.

We eat a nice dinner and have small talk. Even if she doesn't consider this a date, I do. "I have something else for you." I say and she smiles. "Really?" I nod. It's so cute how she gets excited over gifts. And doesn't try to tell me that she doesn't want it or that she doesn't deserve it.

Because she deserves everything and more. I want to show her that.

I go to my room and grab the basket. It's full of body washes, lotions, facial things. A lot of stuff for an at home spa.

I walk to the living room and she's getting all giddy. I hand her the basket and she opens it. Gasping at everything she comes across.

"This is the best first present ever!" She exclaims and hugs me again. "But you know what would make it better?" I tilt my head waiting for her to answer.

"You are doing a facial with me." She bites her lips to hide her laugh. I smile because how am I supposed to say no to that cute face.

"Whatever you say, peach."