Chapter Twelve: The Party

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

Alec's face is the first thing I see and his body is the first I feel. A small smile tugs in on my face until I realize, I shouldn't still be here. God why'd you make him so comfortable?

I send Tatiana a text to let her know i'm ready to go dress shopping. She pulls into the driveway, waving as I make my way to the car. I don't think he needs to know I'm leaving, the car pulls off while my head leans against the window, thinking about the situation I've found myself in.

Fifteen minutes later, Tatiana and I are making  faces frequently, holding up dresses to determine if it's good enough. She walks over to me, looking around in the area I'm in.

"God, this is hideous." She hangs a dress back up, almost gagging. I can't stop the laugh that comes out at her reactions to certain dresses. She's the most indecisive person I know to date.

"Did you tell Alec where you were going?" She asks casually, still looking through a rack of dresses. "No." I shrug as she places a hand on her forehead. There's no reason to, keeping tabs on each other is a relationship thing.

We are not in a relationship.

"You want to drive that man insane." She comments before talking about her crazy  night with James and I just want to tell her what happened but I don't know if I should.

Will she judge me? What if she thinks I'm weird? Not thinking, I just turn to her and spit it out as if the words coming out at a speed she can't comprehend will solve all my problems. "I rode Alec's fingers last night." I blurt out, making a face.

She turns to me quickly, whatever she was talking about long gone. She stares at me,
I stare at here a moment, that felt like hours, as she processed what just came out my mouth.

I quickly grab the first dress I see, b-lining it to the dressing rooms. I hear her not far behind. "Rose! Rosalina!" She calls out. I never had a problem with her calling me by my full name. She was the first real friend I had.

I get in the room and lock it. "Just get your questions over with." I start to undress. "What? When?" She starts to babble on. "After the kiss with Oliver. He didn't really like that." I indulge.

"Yeah, that kiss with Oliver was kinda hot. I couldn't stop staring either." She mentions and I laugh. "It wasn't a bad kiss." My laughter getting harder.

I put on the dress and raise my hair up. "Wow." The dress is breathtaking. I step out and see Tatiana's flawless face light up.

"Wow, I wish I could just find my dress without paying attention." She walks around me. "Everything I pick up sucks."