Chapter Twenty-Seven: Trust

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

He opens the door for me to walk into the restaurant as I swipe my hands down my dress.
Once inside, he talks to the host and she gets us seated.

We surf the menu for a few and I sneak peaks of him over the menu to find him quite focused.

Its cute.

"So what do you have a taste for?" I ask, trying to start a conversation. "You" He looks up at me and smirks. I roll my eyes, smiling as I see the waitress coming over.

"What can I get for you, Mr.Salvatore?" She asked in a preppy voice. The bitch is practically eye fucking him right now. I immediately grow annoyed. "Red wine for both of us, she'll take the steak and I'll take the salmon." He responds still looking at the menu.

I didn't even have to tell him.

She stands there for a moment and I'm trying to be nice. However where has that ever gotten me?
She finally walks away and I scoff annoyed. I mean he's attractive so I guess I understand but at least don't do it in my fucking face.

"So what do you want to know?" I ask, shifting around getting comfortable. "Why did you stop?" He sits back farther down in his chair. "What?" I asked, appalled by the question.

"Why did you stop torturing people?" He askes like it's the most common thing in the world. "I mean I stopped because of Dante. He just got super controlling. He would put me in really dangerous situations and then make me feel like it was my fault."

He nods understandably and I can't help but feel like he wants to ask me a question.

"Alec, you trust me right?" I ask, sincerely. "Airy my life." That brings a slight smile to my face. "Okay then trust me enough to know whatever you want to ask or talk about, I won't get mad. It's not a big secret anymore. If you are planning to be with me, you should know about my past." I respond.

He sits up and runs his hand through his hair as he is about to ask me, the waitress walks up with the wine. She pours the wine, smiling harder and harder. God I'm trying but she's pushing me.

She walks away and I turn my attention back to him. "Go ahead" I say softly. "I need your help but I don't know-"

I feel like a piece of glass. He's so cautious and careful. This was something I was also afraid of. People thinking I can't handle things.

"What do you need?" I retort before he can finish his sentence. "There's a guy named Sebastian. He was-"

How does he know Sebastian?

"Sebastian? As in his weapons and drug dealer?" He looks up at me and crosses his arms over his chest. "You know him?" I laugh a little. "Yeah, I know him" I say sarcastically.

"Wanna elaborate on that?" He asked sternly. "He's my Godfather, Dante's friend. He's know me since I was about 12. He handles most of the transactions dealing with the mafia."