Death by Fridge [Chapter I]

I rolled off the bed, waking me up with a thump. As I groggily opened my eyes, I noticed that it was still dark out. I glanced back at the digital clock sitting on my nightstand, 3am. I weakly pushed myself up with my arms, squinting my eyes and yawning, still feeling like I was just brought back from the dead. Slumping on the wooden floor, with the side of my bed acting as a back rest, I stayed completely silent for who knows how long. Zoning out, staring at the random items of clothing I left on the ground.

I didn't have time perception at that moment. It was the middle of the night and I just woke up from a boarder-line coma. Time wasn't even a thing to me.

I raised my hand up to my face and smacked it, hoping it would give me at least enough consciousness to get back into the most magical thing on Earth, my bed. It had been harder than I intended, it left a lingering sting on my cheek and I could feel that side of my face getting warm from the impact.

I had slept in nothing but a pair of boxers and a black hoodie I stole from the lost and found at some arcade. "Sleep, Sleep, Repeat" it showed on the front in bold white letters. Looked kind of tacky but who was I to pass down a perfectly good, free sweater?

I sighed, standing up, walking to my bathroom. I was thirsty and I'm way too damn lazy to go down and get a bottle of water. I walked straight up to the sink, cupping my hands so I could use them to drink out of. Honestly, I really don't know why I couldn't just walk down some stairs and get some clean water. It's not like I would disturb anyone. I lived alone, but this was just more convenient. It's not like the water could kill me. I know damn well I would kill myself before the water even made me sick. Physically sick, I mean. I'm already sick of life's bullshit so I don't need some sink water to give me that.

I looked up at the mirror, the bathroom lights still very dim, not allowing me to see much. I turned the intensity wheel on the switch, lighting up the room. I was examining my absolutely ghastly face until I looked at the mirrored background. My eyes widen as I spot a figure standing behind me.

did this guy just see me drink water from a bathroom sink like a peasant drinking from a river-

I know how this works in horror movies. You be brave, you get killed. Those are just the rules. The hell you want me to do? Fight??? Yeah no. I'd like to die but in my own hands, thank you very much.

I slowly turned around, checking to see if there was an actual person or I was just tripping balls. As I spun around, I met eyes with the person that was behind me. That guy was definitely real...

oh shit he's real.

I dashed out of the bathroom, into my bedroom, and out that door as well. Scrambling down the stairs, stumbling, sliding down. I was able to make it to the first floor. Using my ass, but i made it. Quickly getting up, I grabbed the nearest long item. A Jake and the Neverland Pirates umbrella from when I was 4. I turned my head to check the top of the stairs, pointing the umbrella at it. There he was. Slowly walking down the stairs clenching a,

oh fuck he has a knife

he was laughing but it didn't sound like the happy laughing I'm used to. I don't know why the hell I didn't just book it right then and there. Maybe the horror movies were accurate. Its either that or I'm a complete idiot. I stared as he got closer, I was able to slightly make out his figure. Pale skin, black jeans, and a white hoodie almost completely matching his skin tone. And.. smiling? I couldn't tell. It was too dark.

I mean, at least he has privilege?

As much as the intruder scared me shitless, my mind couldn't resist making jokes about his appearance. He had long, black hair, covering some parts of his face. He looked like a 2010 emo kid and I was all here for it. I lightly chuckled at the thought.