You're a Paprika [Chapter VII]

I've been walking forever. My feet were starting to hurt. I didn't even have shoes. I groaned in annoyance when the lingering pain on my bandaged hand got worse.

The painkillers must be wearing off.

I kept on treading foreword. I had no time to lose. I didn't even know how long I was unconscious for. The situation I was in had me cornered. I must have stepped on something sharp because a stinging pain made me instinctively jump up. My hand was tightly wrapped with bandages which kept me from bending it or separating my fingers. It also stopped me from being able to catch myself when I fall.

I like being restricted but not like this-

I stumbled foreword, into a large patch of mud. my arms moved before I could even think, trying to save me from the fall. I landed straight on the injured hand, making me scream behind my teeth.

I hate going outside.

my forearms, bandages, and hospital gown were covered with mud. I tried to get some off but it only made it worse. It looked like I just took a dip into a river of shit.

I wanna barf

I noticed the mud around me was part of a path. Maybe I was getting somewhere? I just took a huge risk after going in the forest because I don't even know if the crazy smiling clown was even in here. I took one step at a time, walking along the grass part next to the path because no way I was going to walk in the mud. I'd get excited when I saw a footprint but quickly brought down after seeing it was only an animal's. I was frustrated beyond words and punched the thick trunked tree closest to me with my functioning hand. I cried out in pain. My knuckles started bleeding so now both hands had something wrong with them. I groaned in annoyance.

"This was useless! I'll die here!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the woods.

I stared farther down the path, but the sun had already set and I couldn't see much at all. The only thing that allowed me to slightly make out my surroundings was the moon. It was a full, bright moon that loomed over the forest and me. Vynn lived right on the outskirts of town where the city met nature. She got to see a whole lot more stars than I could. One direction was a bustling, busy concrete jungle, while the other was beautiful, lively nature. It's self explanatory which side I was used to.

My feet ached and were screaming at me to stop. It was nighttime though. I knew there were all kinds of things in here that could kill me. I couldn't stop no matter the reason. I was thirsty and hungry and the painkillers had worn off completely. I wanted to curl up into a ball of misery and never get up again. I saw more footprints in the mud, but this time, the print was not an animal. It was a shoe print.

I knew I couldn't get my hopes up just in case. The steps were spread far apart from each other, so I guess they either had long legs or they were running. I followed them. The more I walked, the closer together each step was.

I guess they slowed down

The steps were now spread at a walking pace, leading onto a stone path. I stepped up the slight increase in elevation, speeding up because I was excited that I might have found safety. I must have. There's no way a stone path would be in the middle of the woods just for nothing. low and behold, the muddy footprints on the path lead to something that made my jaw drop to the floor.

An old victorian style mansion stood in front of me. Vines were growing up the walls and the outside was crumbling.

It must be abandoned

I admired the architecture as I climbed yet another set of stairs to get onto the porch. It wasn't too high or anything. It was just about 5 steps, but after all the walking, it felt like another mile. I groaned while dragging myself up the few steps. I tried to gaze through the windows but they were either blacked out or too dirty to see through. I wiggled the doorknob.