Twinkle Toes [Chapter IV]

"Y/N?" the waiter blurted. I gazed up at him. He had light brown, slicked back hair and deadly enchanting green eyes. His uniform was crisp with no imperfections in sight. I know this guy...

Ashton.

We dated for a year in highschool until he started getting physical when he got upset. At one point, he threw me into the marble counter, breaking my shoulder. It healed but not back to normal. I still can't use it properly. I couldn't say anything about it at that time because I was closeted.

"How you been? Haven't seen you since graduation," he acted like nothing ever happened. Like we were just old friends. That made my blood boil. I couldn't lose my cool. It would cause too much commotion.

I couldn't be seen actually sitting with Jeff. I was planning to scream and run away from him when he took off his mask to eat. Pretend he was attacking me. Then, that would catch the police's attention. They'll notice he looked like a wanted killer and he'll be taken away before I was killed.

"hahaha.... yeah, I'm good. how are you?" I tried acting natural.

"I'm holdin' up. Who's this fella you're with?" He turned to Jeff who looked back at me. I tried my best to make the help me eyes and I subtly shook my head. He seemed to get the message.

"He's just-" I tried to say, but Jeff cut me off.

"Boyfriend." Jeff interrupted. "I'm his boyfriend."

I was about to say drug dealer but okay

Ashton's facial expression changed from happy to aggravated in a matter of seconds.

"Oh, haha! Nice to meet you! Are you guys happy?" he asked Jeff. The words sounded like they had good intent but his face said otherwise.

He made the same eyes that I remember from highschool. They glared down at Jeff, then turned to me.

"Are you happy, y/n? Are you finally happy? Was I not good enough for you, that you had to chose this dickhead instead?" He raised his voice pointing at Jeff then glaring at me.

I'd be happy if you got your stanky ass fish breath away from my face

Jeff subtly pulled off his mask, reaching into his pocket. His expression shifted. Now, I saw it change from annoyance to a twisted smile.

Ashton just accidentally signed his papers for late abortion

"You should have never left. I should have never let you leave," He continued, stepping closer to my side of the booth.

My breathing got unsteady and my hands tremored. My eyes stung and I tried to blink away the feeling. I failed. I couldn't hold in anymore. Beads of salty tears fell down my cheeks. It was tears of terror.

"Oh, don't cry. I'll protect you," He tried to coax me into his arms.

My eyes went back to Jeff. I don't know why I looked to the serial killer to protect me but that was all my mind could tell me. I was so terrified that no words were able to come out of my mouth.

I can't do this again

"How about you come with me instead? I can take you to my house. You can stay there with me. I'll keep you nice and safe," He smiled, but I knew it wasn't genuine. I tried to back away, farther into the booth as he reached his arm towards me.

don't touch me... don't fucking touch me.

I could feel my heartbeat in my head and I forgot how to breath. My fists clenched and I felt how sweaty my palms were.