Swallowing These Feelings Through A Bendy Straw

A vanilla flavored crepe was drizzled with honey and topped off with powdered sugar. The folded pastry was carefully scooped up with a spatula and was placed onto a porcelain plate housing three more of said sweet treats. A small bowl of sliced strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries sat next to it. An omelet with sprinkled chives was on another plate. That breakfast item had been placed next to a tall glass of homemade orange juice. Everything was kept together on a wooden carrying tray.

Alessandro picked up the small table when he heard shuffling bed sheets down the hall. His footfalls were cushioned by an old pair of moccasins. They helped to keep the area quiet as a means of cementing an air of peace.

When passing the glass wall, green eyes took in a picturesque view.

The pool was rippling and sparkling. Surrounding trees were flourishing with leaves and tiny flowers. An awakening city could be made out far in the distance.

Overall, it was a beautiful day. Which was perfect considering there'd be a pool party/barbecue happening in a few hours.

Upon reaching the doorway to a shared bedroom, Lance's sluggish form was seen gazing out of the window.

Half lidded eyes blinked slowly. Chest length hair was flying in multiple directions. A thin sheet pooling in his lap was the only form of coverage he had to shield his otherwise nude body.

Gentle swaying showed that he was still groggy.

Alessandro made the cognizant decision to keep his voice down when speaking. "Happy birthday."

The statement caught Lance's attention. He turned to face the doorway. A sleepy smile made its way onto his face after seeing the beautifully prepared meal.

"Thanks, Andro," he answered with a raspy voice. "You didn't have to do that."

"I know, but I wanted to. We didn't have syrup, so I made crepes instead of pancakes. I hope that's okay."

"The fact that you put in the effort to do this at all is sweet on its own. And I'm sure it tastes great."

Alessandro grinned.

It was difficult to hold back an involuntary blush when a quiet laugh was given in return.

He walked over to the right side of the bed. The wooden tray was set atop a free section where sheets weren't bunched up. An unoccupied space was taken to sit down, movements remaining cautious to not accidentally tip anything over.

"I did all my morning stuff already, so the bathroom's yours. As soon as you're done eating, I want to give you your gift."

Lance gave a simple nod in understanding. Instead of going to brush his teeth or use the toilet, he opted to just eat since the meal was already in front of him. He went for the omelet with chives first.

A small section was cut off and practically inhaled with how fast it was eaten. A dreamy sigh cut through the sound of quiet chewing. 

As far as Alessandro was concerned, that was a win in his book.

Comfortable silence settled between the two while Lance ate. He made little noises whenever he tried a different food.

Fresh orange juice made his lips pucker because it was a bit more sour than expected. The beverage was preferred that way though, so he actually appreciated the detail. Remnants of pulp were left at the bottom of the glass when he was finished.

It didn't take much time for everything to be eaten; only about ten minutes. Lance seemed content and offered a dual thumbs up with his hands raised near his head. A large grin coupled the silly gesture.