Chapter Eleven

.:Chapter Eleven:.

I look down slowly at our hands and I feel myself gulp. My cheeks heat up immediately and it feels like my hand suddenly gets all clammy on me. I can't stop staring at how our hands fit perfectly into one another. Sure, my hands might be bigger but Louis' just look like they're meant to be in mine.

His fingers are entwined between mine and the feeling just feels so amazing. I can't even really describe the sensation at the moment because it feels like my hand is numb from all the shock. Louis' hand is surprisingly very warm and it warms up my cheeks even more than before. Before I can stop myself, I squeeze his hand gently.

I immediately wince and look up to see what his reaction is. Louis looks shocked and looks down at our hands before looking back up at me. He looks confused and slowly says, "H-How . . . when did we start holding hands?"

"You grabbed my hand when Zayn was practically choking over the cinnamon, I guess you were worried or something," I shrug, trying not to make a big deal out of it.

"I, I didn't even realize that I did that. I'm sorry, I guess it was just a reflex or something, I didn't even notice...," Louis says slowly, looking down at the ground.

I slowly lift his head back up by putting my index finger under his chin and he looks even more shocked than before. His deep blue eyes look into mine and I feel myself lose thought of what I was going to say. Louis cocks his head and continues to look at me.

I clear my throat and then remember what I was going to say. I look back into those beautiful eyes and say, "Louis, it's fine, I didn't mind at all. Do you think I would mind if I'm still holding your hand right now?"

"No...," Louis mumbles, avoiding my eyes now.

I sigh and lean in more, making our faces only a few inches away from each other. Louis suddenly looks into my eyes and he then gulps, suddenly seeming nervous for some strange reason. I don't know what that was all about but my heart is practically beating out of my chest right now. I feel like I'm shaking and I just want to kiss him so badly but I know that would be a terrible idea.

Instead, I don't take my eyes off his and I ask, "Are we okay now Boo?"

"Yeah...," Louis smiles bashfully. "You know I can't stay mad at you for more than a few days. And I felt so alone last night when I was sleeping, I can't really place it but it felt like something was missing, I guess I miss being your cuddle buddy."

"Well there's a free space in my bed if you want," I suggest and smile softly.

Louis grins and nods, causing me to laugh gently. His smile is absolutely beautiful and I then find myself staring at his lips once he stops smiling – those beautiful, smooth, pink lips. My lips twitch and I suddenly bite down on the left side of my lip, still staring.

Suddenly my brain tells me, Alert! You're going to make Louis feel really uncomfortable so stop being creepy Haz and just go back to being yourself.

I look up back into Louis' eyes and I once again can't tell what Louis' emotions are anymore. His face is unreadable and that makes me a bit annoyed because I don't like not knowing what's going through his mind. Ever since we first became friends, I could always tell what he's thinking but nowadays it's hard to read his mind. It's like he doesn't want me to know anything anymore. Which I understand I guess because he wants to be secretive, but it just hurts.

"Louis," I slowly whisper.

"Yeah," Louis whispers back, his eyes still looking into mine.

"We should go to bed now probably, it's getting late and the game is over now," I whisper once more.