𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑭 𝑶 𝑼 𝑹

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]

𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]

"Good days always have an end"

TW: light disassociation themes, fire

Parting ways with Carl felt like she was standing in front a fork in the road with no clue which way to go.

Her very pissed brother was down one way, and the boy who had her smiling and laughing genuinely for the first time in, well, she wasn't sure anymore, was down the other.

It seemed like a clear answer if she thought about it, but she knew she'd eventually have to deal with her brother.

Carl was telling her about his siblings when they reached her house. He lived two streets down and didn't seem to care about going home by how slowly he walked.

"So far, most of your siblings sound hot," Valentina says as she pauses her steps in front of her house with her back to it now. "But I still only remember Fiona, which is weird."

Carl makes a face of disgust at the first part of her statement, which makes her laugh at the sight.

"You have terrible taste and memory." He huffs, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Oh, I wish I had a terrible memory.

She giggles at the look on his face again before glancing at her house, taking notice that the kitchen and living room lights were on.

fuck

"The offer still stands," Carl informs her, following her gaze, amusement flickering in his expression.

She turns to him with a smirk and says, "I can't give you all my time in one night." She pats him on the shoulder and says, "You'll get clingy."

He laughs, taking a few steps back, getting ready to leave. "The dysfunctional don't get attached, babe"

Valentina grins, but before she can give a response, her house door opens.

"Valentina Esterella Castro!"

She grimaces in disgust at the use of her full name.

Carl looks amused and slightly frightened as he moves away from the sight of the giant tattooed man on the poach.

She whispers a hushed "bye, Carl" before turning around with an innocent smile on her face.

"Hey, Vin!" Valentina greets, dragging out the "y" in hey. She walks towards him.

Vincent just stared, almost amused by his sister's antics, which reminded him of himself.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he questioned, glancing behind her as she passed him at the door.