𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑺 𝑬 𝑽 𝑬 𝑵 𝑻 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵

"Three words"TW: Eliza, blood, kinda self harm (not in the way you think)

"Three words"
TW: Eliza, blood, kinda self harm
(not in the way you think)

Carl woke up first, hours later, with Valentina next to him on her stomach, her hair in her face. He listened to the way she mumbled in her sleep and her kitten-like snores. His arm was under her spread-out body, numb as ever.

He eventually opened his eyes again just as she moved, his arm cheering when she turned to curl back into his chest as if seeking out his warmth in her sleep. He chuckles quietly, petting her head as she sighs in satisfaction.

He glances at their phones on her nightstand when one of them dings out a notification.

"Why are you awake?" Valentina grumbled almost incoherently, her voice drowned with sleep.

He manages to not flinch when her voice breaks the silence.

"I randomly woke up," he answers, looking down at her as he fixes her hair off her face.

She groans when the light hits her closed eyes.

"What time is it?"

Carl reaches over to grab his phone to check the time.

"1:36" He answers, setting his phone back down and ignoring the message on his lock screen.

She hummed, moving a bit to set her hand on his chest and her chin on her hand to look at him with her half-closed eyes and sleepy smile.

"Are you hungry?"

He smirks, tucking some of her wild waves behind her ear. "I could eat."

She nods once, a fake thoughtful expression on her face as her stomach growls at the thoughts of incoming food.

"To the kitchen!" She exclaims suddenly before sitting up and climbing off of the bed.

Carl laughs as he follows after her, enjoying her happier mood.

Valentina checks if the coast is clear by pressing her ear against the door for a second as Carl waits behind her before grinning and unlocking the door and swinging it open afterwards.

Carl lets her lead the way downstairs as she tells him about the five breakfast dishes she can make. Eggs being the main ingredient in the majority of them.

"It's past breakfast, sad eyes," He comments as they enter her kitchen.

"Nah, breakfast is whenever someone wakes up," She argues as she heads for the fridge to see what they have.