Without them (Ft. Bad Sanses)

TW: Character death

Nightmare strolled in the main hallway of what used to be his castle. The well-kept building is now just broken and rotting, with missing walls and torn wallpaper visible as he stared into nothing, aching pain in his chest, for the companions he once had.

Everything felt so different, everything was now just bleak, gray, and gloomy.

..It used to be so lively...

Killer ran down the hall, "Haha! You can't catch me Crossy!" He said as he ran to the second floor, with Cross trying to catch up, "Killerrr! You can't just steal my dagger collection!" Cross whined, but determined to catch Killer the thief.

Nightmare just sighed, a small smile appearing on his goopy face for a moment as he then stared at the kitchen, Horror smiling as he served Dust pancakes.

Nightmare blankly stared at the kitchen, the warmth that the room once had is just now just a cold freezing feeling.

The kitchen was now dusty, it wasn't been cleaned for a while.

Nightmare sighed as he reached one of the cupboards, filled with cobwebs, as he took a loaf of bread.

He pretended it was one of Horror's delicious meals they once prepared for them, full of love and appreciation, yet all he felt was just cold plain bread.

He spat out the bread, as he walked, entering his library, as then quickly left.

..They loved Nightmare reading to them.

He was in no mood to read.

He stopped in the living room, staring at the broken couch, as he went upstairs instead.

"Killer! Why did you even steal my bath bomb? I bought that- and it was expensive!" Cross shouted as he chased Killer again, as Killer just stuck out his tongue, "You should've just stolen it then lol" Killer said as he ran faster.

Nightmare shook his head. There was no use in dwelling in the past. He used to be alone before, and he can do it again.

He finally entered his room, staring at his shelf with jars of dust from the people he once was with.

He smiled.

He was the one who killed them after all.

There were blasters everywhere on standby ready to blast Nightmare, as Horror was in the corner, holding his axe, hesitating to throw.

"..I...can't.." Horror sobbed, running to the kitchen, the place where he felt safe as Nightmare followed, stabbed him, and crushed him mercilessly. He avoided the blasters, crushing them as well.

"I'm doing this for you." Nightmare said, almost whispering as Horror dusted.

Cross cried out Horror's name loudly as he finally sent bone attacks to who was once his boss, someone who he looked up to and loyally served.

He thought he was different than him. Turns out, he wasn't.

Dust and Killer fled to the hallway to the exit, they sent attacks at Nightmare, breaking some walls in the process. Cross decided to stay and fight Nightmare off, wanting the others to escape.

Eventually, Cross led Nightmare to the living room, his blasters breaking the couch as Nightmare avoided them. Nightmare just smiled. "I'm doing this for you all, in that way, you mortals won't have to die unexpectedly anymore! I, the king of darkness, will decide the day of your death!" Nightmare laughed as he sent another tentacle to Cross.

Cross managed to avoid it, but tripped over the broken couch, giving Nightmare the upper hand as he slowly dusted.

"..Dust and Killer will avenge us." Cross spat out, before his eyes widened at the sight, Nightmare dusting the two before his very eyes like it was an easy feat to do.

Cross finally dusted, as Nightmare just collected their dust in jars, smiling.

He had to do it.