Birthday

In the betting shop Esme and Lola were getting ready for opening, "You know one day me and John are going to get away from here

In the betting shop Esme and Lola were getting ready for opening, "You know one day me and John are going to get away from here. Buy a house and a farm for the kids. You and Isiah are going to come with us with your baby." Esme said 

Lola smiled, "Thank you, Esme." 

Esme sat down at the table, "John also told me what happened...you shooting someone. If you need to talk to someone I'm around." 

Before Lola could reply there was a knock at the door, "We're not open for winnings yet!" 

Lola stood up, Esme chuckled as she looked at her, "The motherly instincts have kicked in then." 

"What are you talking about?" Lola asked 

Esme nodded to Lola's stomach which Lola had her hand on, "Oh shut up." 

"I'm here to see Thomas Shelby." A woman called 

Esme and Lola shared a look before Esme rushed over to the door and opened it, "I have an appointment." 

"May Carleton," May said as she held out her hand to Esme who just crossed her arms 

Lola leaned past Esme and shook May's hand, "Tommy has his proper meetings in his other office." 

"This was the address that he gave me," May said 

Lola raised an eyebrow and said, "He gave you this address?" 

May nodded, "He said it was a gambling den. I told him that I'd wanted to see one since I'm always reading about them in the papers. Quite the big scandal in the telegraph lately. Anyway, he said that I could come and have a look. And now I feel like a bit of an idiot because I'm early, he's late and I have no idea how to behave." 

"In a gambling den?" Esme asked 

"I'll wait in the car," May said as she turned around

Lola got in front of the doors and locked them, "If we open the doors again, they'll want to come in. They're like flies. So what are you?" 

"What am I?" May asked 

Lola nodded, "To Tom? I'm his cousin. Esme's his sister-in-law. Who are you?"