Pay Day

The next morning Lola and Isiah were laying on their bed, "You know currently it's too dangerous to go on a honeymoon?" 

Lola nodded, "I know, we stay here where we're surrounded by people with guns." 

"I need to talk to you about something." 

Lola moved onto her side, "If it is business it can wait. I want this buzz to last a little longer." 

"It's not. My dad was in the room when I was born." Isiah said 

Lola smiled and said, "And you want to be in the room when this one is born huh?" 

Isiah nodded, "I mean yeah but if you don't-" 

Lola cut Isiah off saying, "I would love you to be there." 

Isiah smiled, "So what are you going to do today Mrs Jesus-Gray." 

"Jesus-Gray, I like the sound of that. It's payday so I am going for a drink with Esme at the Marquis. Women can buy their own drinks there not like that was ever a problem for me but it's still nice. What are you going to do?" Lola asked 

Isiah sat up and began to put some clothes on, "I am going to go see Michael and drag him out of that office of his to come and have a drink with me. The guy needs a friend, even if it is his brother-in-law." 

Lola sat up, "Isiah Jesus you are a good man. You're going to be an even better father." Isiah turned around and looked at her, she nodded, "Your dad told me." 

Isiah laid back down on the bed, "This is unfamiliar territory for both of us. I don't want to mess up." 

"You won't. Just think of it like an adventure." Lola said 

. . . . . . .

"How do I look?" Lola asked as she walked over to a desk where Esme was 

Esme looked up at her, "You're glowing darling, but why are you all dressed up." 

"It's payday and you and I are going to the Marquis for a drink," Lola said 

Esme gave her a look, "You are meant to be with your husband."