CHAPTER 1: gm_penguin_logistics

I am now in the very back of a car. Covered in blood and- Oh my god! These are probably the most realistic NPCs I have ever seen. At this point, once I get out of here, I'll certainly be sure to give an outstanding review on the map maker's comments, along with a five-star rating. Gosh, I'm just looking at all of the little details in their movements. Oh, and you know what's the most amazing thing that they've done ever? THEY CAN TALK! They are capable of having a fully-fledged out conversation, it's so realistic!

From listening to their conversations, I've learnt that their names (or codenames at least) were Exusiai, Croissant, Texas, Sora, and Emperor. It seems that all of these NPCs work for a logistics company aptly named 'Penguin Logistics', except Emperor doesn't really work there, he's the CEO.

"So uh..." The red-head angel, Exusiai tried to speak up but she gets caught up. No doubt they had many questions to ask (not like I'd be able to verbally answer them).

I turn to face her and see that she is deciding whether to have stars in her eyes or be afraid, probably because I came in like a superhero- even if I did faceplant into a bar counter, and then proceed to pull a minigun from my hip out of nowhere and then blend the furry mafia.

"...Mr Minigun man, what were you exactly doing before...crashing into the penthouse...?" The angel decides as she looks at me, still conflicted.

Since I can't exactly talk, I simply shrug and point to my mouth and then make a cross with my gloved hands, letting her know I can't speak, however, that action is somewhat thwarted by a turn of the vehicle. Fortunately, Exusiai seems to understand what I was trying to convey.

"Can't speak, huh..." Exusiai seems to deflate before perking up again, her halo bumping the ceiling of the car, "How about I lend you this notebook to write on so you can communicate with us!" She pulls out a notebook with an intricate gold cover design.

I make a writing gesture with my hand. "Pen?'"I ask with a head tilt. "Oh uh, right, here you go!" She hands me a fancy pen that had the texture of marble with gold inlays. Damn, everything with this girl seems to be rather fancy... I begin writing an explanation, to make it believable, I'm going to have to make up a cover story as to how I got there in the first place... Hmm...

"I was on the top of a skyscraper, enjoying the city lights before noticing you and your coworker's situation." I wrote, passing it back to Exusiai for her to read it out loud to everyone in the car. "Huh... I was bettin' you were some superhero or something." The bull girl, Croissant, quipped as she looked at me with a smirk... for some reason.

"So kid, ya got anywhere to go?" The penguin, Emperor asked. I turn to... him (god the fact that he's a full-on talking penguin with such a gruff voice is a bit mind-boggling). I shake my head in response, it's not like I can say anything can I? Emperor seems to, smile? Odd.

~<GM_TERRA>~

As we arrive at our destination, a Penguin Logistics safe house, which is some sort of repurposed warehouse with a bar in it (Why do these guys associate themselves with so many bars...). Emperor gestures for me to sit down on a stool at the counter. "So kid, I'm just going to get straight to the point, I wanna hire ya as an operator for Penguin Logistics. From what I can see, ya bring a lot of firepower to the table that we need- especially for these few jobs coming up. You in?"

Wow, that's not shady at all. I make a thinking gesture as I ponder what I should do next. I'm not exactly too keen on working for somebody, being somebody's subordinate and what-not. I guess it could be fun but... I live for that kind of freedom you know? I never was the kind of person to listen to what somebody says. I was my boss. Not even my cat owned me, I showed him who was boss in the house.

I internally shake my head. These NPCs, sure, they look like a nice bundle of fun and all, but I'm not for that kind of life... Maybe I can still find a way to be with these guys?

I gesture for something to right on, and Emperor calls for Exusiai to come over and bring me the handbook and pen again. I write in my response.

"Instead of being hired under you, I would like to form a temporary alliance, for I am unable to be hired due to things that I am not allowed to disclose. It would also be appreciated if I were given information on all of the major factions that I will eventually be dealing with."

The penguin scans my answer and looked as if he was about to scowl in a sense. That's right, I'm not exactly obligated to be 'chained' in a sense. I'm a Sandbox GModder I'm all about free will!

The penguin CEO hesitates for a second as if deciding whether to accept and get the bare minimum of 'taste' of the damage output I can unleash. Or deny the one in an immortal lifetime chance of 'hiring' me. After a tense moment, he nods in defeat. It was a win-win situation for me. Either be in an alliance I can pull away from any time I would like, or be on my merry way and continue to be free. These NPCs ain't got shit on me. "Alright, I'll scrape up what you need..."

"YAHOO!" Croissant cheers as Emperor sigh and reaches for a bottle of alcohol. I turn to look at the rest of my future associates, Exusiai gives me a nervous thumbs up whilst both Texas and Sora have indifferent looks on their faces. I guess they weren't expecting a new 'partnership' any time soon, even if they were talking about it a few hours ago. I suppose I'm going to be runnin' around with this... odd group of people for the foreseeable future.

They take looks towards Emperor and he simply nods before getting ready to put on a mask to say something again.

"All of ya'll need ta get over here and get drunk for our newest business partner of Penguin Logistics!" Emperor, calls the rest of the gang over, he hands me a cocktail glass filled with some brand of alcohol that's probably really expensive. I accept the cocktail and in the next moment, my health goes up by 2 and the liquid inside is gone. I guess the food/beverages I 'eat' will be converted to health and be consumed immediately. The others don't seem to notice me flinch a little but Texas looks over after I do anyway, suspecting something odd.

"Hey boss, I don't believe we've told our new guy about the job yet- what is your name again?" I pull out the notebook Exusiai gave me earlier- for some reason the act of pulling it and in one of the vest pockets feels weird- and write me... well, with all of the name's I've been hearing? Mine kind of doesn't feel like it fits. I should make up a callsign, a fitting one, hmm... Oh, I know...

"Construct."

~<GM_TERRA>~

"Okay, Construct, this is how it's going to go down. Our client needs this package delivered with no hiccups on the way there. This means this parcel here in this hardened case is important and we're getting paid a lot of money to do so. You and Exusiai will be the ones 'dissuading' anyone from taking opportunities to harm the package or the car." Emperor brief us whilst holding up a, yeah that is pretty hardened, you could probably kill someone with that.

"Who's the driver?"  I gestured. It was probably going to be Texas as she was driving earlier, rather well too.

"Texas will drive, I like it when she drives," Exusiai said as she turned to look towards Texas.

Texas looked back at Exusiai, "Thanks..."

"Oh yeah, Sora won't be coming along either due to her other job of being an Idol." Damn really? I guess she did look like she was about to start singing into that mic when we first met, so I'm not too surprised to find out that she was an Idol, with all the crazy things I've been seeing and distributing.

"Aww, I kinda wanted the tactical support, I guess we'll have to see how you do, Construct." Croissant remarked as I turned to look at her. She gives me a wink which makes me shudder.

This is going to be quite the delivery, huh.