CHAPTER 11: gm_corperate_colonialism

I look back up at where I fell from as I land on the cold, hard ground. The darkness makes the lit-up windows look like a yellow dotted line on a black surface. I look in the distance and see something I somehow didn't see before, back when I was on the landship. The blue and white city lights of Lungmen radiate into the night sky, drowning out the stars. It didn't look too far away, so I think I can get there pretty quickly with a car.

Looking through my menus, I am bombarded with an array of many different cars. From sports cars to muscle cars to economy cars, there are quite a lot of brands here too.

I hopped into the car and decided to just go with a red sports car. As soon as my hand touched the steering wheel, it was as if the knowledge needed to drive a car was implanted into me, matrix style. After driving for a while, I realised that I had been driving on the uneven surface of the wasteland for about thirty minutes whilst there was a road next to me the whole time.

I feel stupid now.

I can finally enjoy some smooth driving. Whilst driving, I thought about the things I was going to do to that fucker. How in the world did he get away with hiring literal mafiosos to work with such a snob as him?

Whilst I was thinking about that, I realised that I nearly drove into another car. What the fuck? I looked up ahead and saw that there was a line of cars that were heading into Lungmen. Oh god, Lungmen Customs.

This is bad. I don't have any form of identification on me, which will just lead me to be rejected. Of course, I can try noclipping in, but there are simply too many witnesses everywhere. Oh, wait, now that I think about it, if I were able to not see people as large red errors, then I should have them downloaded, right?

I directed myself to the PlayerModel Changer, and lo and behold, the first thing I saw was Inspector Ch'en's face. I do see some other players that I recognise, such as the Penguin Logistics girls and some Rhodes Island people.

Oh well, it's time to roleplay as a Skinwalker.

~<GM_TERRA>~

Why are these border officers so slow? I swear I am so tempted to pull out Ch'en's sword, but since it is a player model and I am not actually her, the sword is missing from her hip.

One of the border officers begins speaking as he walks toward my car. "Okay, Officer Ch'en-"

"That's Inspector Ch'en, thank you very much." I huffed

The guy sighs. "Inspector Ch'en, we would like to see an ID."

I find my hands slamming onto the car horn for a moment before I tear into the officer.

"Look, I have had an extremely bad operation..." and I just want to get home to sleep so I can deal with this shit that you haven't experienced in your whole time working here. In a day. " I could feel my metaphorical energy being drained just by looking at the officer.

"Okay, okay, fine. I get it. " The officer backs away whilst turning to view the other employees. "She's clear!"

Finally, the hydraulic gate in front of me begins to open, and a sliver of light is shown through the slowly expanding hole. I recognise the stars as the sea of advertisements and windows of Lungmen city. Ugh, so bright...

I notice the Raythean tower in the distance after a few moments of driving. As I laid my eyes on the tall, imposing figure, the only thought I had was how much money it took to build it. I've been in it before, and it has some expensive stuff in it.

I manoeuvre the car into a nearby alleyway and remove the car with my toolgun. I switch PlayerModels back to Blackwatch 1 and start planning.

If I were to go in guns blazing-and as much as I would like to do that, that would immediately set off alarms and alert the fucker sitting at the top of the tower to start evacuating. I can't allow him time to get away. No doubt, there will be many guards littered throughout the whole tower, so the elevator will have to be the main way to get up. To ensure that I face as little resistance as possible, I need a distraction. A big one...