CHAPTER 9: gm_resisting_arrest

Ch'en's facial expressions were glorious.

As I was speaking, I could see her go on a rollercoaster of emotions.

Astonished.

Mortified.

Furious.

Increasingly agitated and intimidated.

Viewing her using Intelligent HUD, I could see her being registered as a hostile. There was an angry face next to her entity tag, which read 'NPC'. Surely this means I can act out without getting into too much trouble, right?

"Ah, shit... If you are not going to comply then I will be forced to use lethal force!" Bitch, what do the words 'We aren't in Lungmen' mean to you? Ch'enwinces and begins standing herself up.

Croissant looks absolutely shocked that I just roundhouse kicked the Inspector, which is understandable, considering they know each other. The Forte tries to tell me something but I don't want to deal with her right now.

"Don't worry Croissant, she won't be a problem, just go. She wants Exusiai  and Construct, I'll deal with the unexpected variable." Croissant surprisingly nods and reluctantly gets up and jogs away awkwardly in her banquet dress. 

I turn my attention back towards Ch'en, she is in the middle of pulling out a sword. That's not... too much of a problem, for I spawn in my Gravity Gun and simultaneously spawn in a sawblade and launched it towards the sword with a twitch of my finger. Her eyes widen and swiftly bring the sword out in time to attempt to cut it, what is she, stupid? Chen's sword cuts the sawblade in half... Oh...

Holy shit, that was honestly awesome. It's too bad that i have to put her in her place. Just what is she thinking? Is she trying to capitalise on the fact that they simply just know each other? I swear...

"Look sir, Janson, We only want Exusiai and the unknown man to be taken in for questioning, we've already gone through the security footage and have connected the dots we've discovered. So hand the two over, this is your last warning."

So they DO know that the fucker sitting behind that desk of his was in a deal with the Siracusan Mafia. Why the fuck did they not just start with that? Wanted to keep this hush-hush? Hah, what a fuckin' joke.

Spawning in another sawblade and launching it at her, Ch'en mitigates it by deflecting it upwards allowing her to bring her sword down towards me. She's pretty fast, but not fast enough, for I begin sprinting at 500u/s, a rough conversion brings it to 45km/h (28m/h). At this, I make another discovery. HEV sprint energy just ain't a thing for me, meaning that running is- not only a viable option, it's fucking optimal.

We are now running around in what is effectively a crude circle around the tables, chairs and the one chandelier. From a bystander's perspective, we are playing competitive tag, however, the tagger is currently equipped with a sword. Ch'en tries to reach me and slash me with her sword, it's a cool looking sword by the way, however, she is too slow compared to me, she's still pretty fast though... Fuck it, it's time to end this. She didn't say the safe word.

...I spawn in a door behind me.

And hear something violently crash into the door, with a meaty crunch. However, I don't hear the sound of Ch'en hitting the floor though...

With a twist of my Physics gun, Ch'en collapses onto the ground, it seems that even if she was fast...

 "She couldn't handle the neutron style." 

I hear a depressed noise emanate out of her crumpled form. Looking at the Ch'en shaped indent on the door and seeing a smear of blood at where her nose was, I think I broke her nose.