CHAPTER 12: gm_truth_to_power_rework

(AN: HEY HEY, it's ya boi, Saryn. I'm sorry it's not an update for a new chapter, but you might enjoy it regardless. Basically, I rewrote the chapter, including spelling corrections and all that boring blah blah blah, and the outcome changed slightly. Also, yeah, sorry for the lack of updates. He is kinda swamped by post secondary rn... Anyways, I spent like 6 hours on this. The events now have meaning, the fight scene actually is realistic choices have meaning, and it's not the mindless bot that construct used to be pre-rework... Anyways, hopefully you enjoy it I tried hard to make it meaningful, and the rework starts at the end of the staircase climb. Cheers!)

(AN2: ALSO! Please let us know if you'd like to see more of Saryn's writing by commenting on this sentence.)

I am currently making my way past the screaming and shouting of both people and police officers alike. Weaving through the alleyways. My destination? Raythean Tower.

Eventually, I come out of the alleyway. In front of me is the entrance to Raythean Tower. Obviously, I am not going to spoon-feed myself to the dozens of Raythean security all huddled behind their shields. It seems that the riots have put many of the nearby corporations on high alert.

It's a good thing that I'm going to be on my way.

I walk past the side of the tower and into another alleyway next to it. Examining the inconceivably tall wall, I make sure that there are no people or cameras that are looking at me. I return my attention to the wall of the tower, where I begin guessing for a point of entry.

"Hmm, if I remember correctly, the elevators should be..." I laid my hand on the wall.

And then, at that moment, the world turned black as I fell through the wall.

~<GM_TERRA>~

So uh, it turns out that flying into a TV at the ludicrous speed of 108km/h will disintegrate it.

It also turns out that I'm fucking shivering. Was that seriously what my noclip was? I swear, that did not feel like a noclip. It was all just a black void, and I couldn't see a thing. Normally, I'd be able to see the inside of the building or the messed-up textures of the world. Except that clearly didn't happen when I did it.

...That wasn't supposed to happen. It's not like that in Garry's Mod.

Fuck it, I can think about that stuff later. What is more important is my current situation.

I push myself up off the floor and scan my immediate surroundings for any threats. It seems to me that I'm inside an empty conference room. I would say that everything was undisturbed due to the nature of noclipping, but I would be lying considering the jarring absence of the TV screen.

The wooden door that led into a hallway allowed me to see that there weren't any obvious cameras anywhere. That infinitely made my job easier as I began walking around, making my way towards the middle of the tower, where I think the elevators might be.

In due time, I eventually find the elevators. The elevator dings as its doors open, revealing a stylish, corporate interior. What catches my eye, however, is not the sleekness of the walls of the elevator, or myself in the mirror, but the suited mafioso with a pair of... dog ears(?) on the top of his head and a tail to boot. How did I know he was a mafioso? He had a sword strapped to his waist alongside a pouch hanging off of it. If that doesn't scream "illegal", then I don't know what does. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be paying attention...

"Hey, can you please send the elevator to the top?" I asked as I allowed myself in. The dude just looks at me funny and raises an eyebrow.

"That's... the boss's office." He mutters before he turns tense, his ears and tail perking up in alarm. "Oi, who are you, and what business do you have with him?"

I turned to him.

My gaze is drawn to his soul.

"I need to go return some video tapes."

What came next absolutely floored me. The mafioso apparently DIDN'T find that suspicious at all and was, in fact, seemingly satisfied (!?) with my answer. His tail gradually calmed down, falling back into its resting position, although his ears stayed where they were.

"... Anyway, who are you?"

"Just send it. The elevator to your boss's office. "

"Okay, okay man, chill..." He presses one of the buttons.