Chapter 15

Midterms are just around the corner, Riki and Sunghoon haven't been hanging out much ever since the news of the exams were released.

They- no, Riki, have been studying so much, occupying himself, to study.

Sunghoon feels worried, but he'll leave the younger be, it's not like he didn't interact with anyone at all.

Riki has always been like this during exam periods, always occupied to study, even during lunch. He does join the conversation if they ask him about his opinions or if he's mentioned.

"Just let him be, Hyung. You know he's always like this." He remembers Jungwon's words.

Sunghoon knows, but he hasn't seen Riki as much as usual. Has he eaten enough? Did he sleep well? Hell, did he even sleep?

He wants to text him but wouldn't he disturb his studies?

"Sunghoon, you know you can always visit him, right?" Jay says, bringing back the dazed male to his mind. "Ah yeah, I do... But what if I distract him from his studies and he fails one of the subjects?" He mutters.

"He won't, don't worry. Just go and have a small date with him, he's gonna get even busier with his studies when the exams are even nearer." Jake pats his back.

"Trust me, he has his soft spots for you, He'll agree." Jay agrees. "Alright... I'll go to him tomorrow, It's Saturday." Both the males smiled. "Okay,"

"Let's stop now too, I gotta get home before 5, My place at 2 on Sunday?" Jake asks, "Mhm," Jay hums. "Yes, I'll see you guys then."

_____

Sunghoon knocks on the door, I hope he'll agree. He thinks as he waits for the door to be opened.

The door opens, and Riki's mother peaked. "Oh hello, Sunghoon," She says, letting him in. "Riki's not home right now," She tells him.

"Oh really?" She hums an answer. "I asked him and Konon to go get groceries. They'll be back soon, you can wait for him in his room."

Sunghoon thanks her and heads to the younger's room.

The room was very neat, different than what he had expected. The books were tidied, all closed with a bookmark.

Sunghoon walks over and opens his notebook, he sees that Riki had written down the important parts of the chapters and facts about the topics.

"Wow, he's prepared," he mutters as he went through the notes.

Sunghoon puts the books back in place,

The door opened with a voice speaking in Japanese, which Sunghoon did not understand, except that they had said Riki's name. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I thought my brother was in here!" The girl, which is the family's youngest, Solar, apologized. Sunghoon knew about her but she wasn't a familiar figure to him.

They've met a couple of times before whenever she visits them but nothing else, other than a few words.

"Your mom said they went to get groceries," Sunghoon tells her. "Yes, I know. I thought they had already come back home since I heard the doors open." Solar replies. "Again, Sorry. I'll head back to my room now," she says with an embarrassed smile.

Sunghoon nods and Solar heads back. As she heads back, more voices greeted her.

After a few minutes, the door opens and Riki comes in. "Ah hyung, what are you doing here?" he asks.

"Hi..." Sunghoon says, "Hey," Riki replies.

"Uh, I wanted to visit you and um..."

"I wanted to ask if you'd like to go on a cafe date with me? Before the exams get closer." Sunghoon asks, unsure of his reaction nor answer.

"Sure, just give me a while. Solar said she needed help." Sunghoon nods with a smile, "Okay."

Riki smiles and leaves the room.

Sunghoon sat on the bed, grabbing a book from the younger's shelf as he waited.

-The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Sunghoon didn't find a bookmark in it, Either Riki had already finished or he hasn't touched it at all.

He turns the book to its first chapter, "Meet Mr. Utterson. Mr. Utterson was a lawyer, He was a-"

Sunghoon gets lost in his thoughts as he read the book.

"Hey hyung??" Riki waves his hand, Sunghoon blinks a couple of times before he realized. "Oh! Hi,"

"Hello, are you ready to go?" Riki asks, "Mhm, yeah Let me put the book back." Sunghoon scrambled up and put the book on the shelf.

"So, any specific reasons on why you wanted to hang out?" Riki asks. "Nothing specific... I just missed going out on dates with you." Sunghoon smiles.

"I do too... I should start paying attention to classes next year. I keep doing this, I don't think it's healthy." Sunghoon laughs. "Not really,"

"Oh and My dad's coming over on Christmas... Which are a few weeks after the exam." Sunghoon says. "Oh-... That's nerve-wracking." Riki mutters.

"Kind of, but I promise you, Dad's an amazing person. He'll be excited to meet you! He said that Mom told him about you the other day when he called us. He said he already loves hearing about you and would love to meet you in person on the Christmas holidays."

Riki smiles shyly at his words. "Thanks... I'm still a bit nervous but I'm relieved that he likes me." Sunghoon kisses his cheek. "Yeah, he does. Both of them like you a lot."

"You can meet my dad during the Christmas holidays too, He's coming over to Korea since he has some work to finish before them. Solar came with our aunt, who had a business trip here. She'll leave Solar after it though, Solar will leave with dad again after Christmas, since she also has school."

Sunghoon nods, "You're going back to Japan for the summer holidays, right?" he asks, "Yeah, we'll be back a few weeks before school starts though. We can still face time every day, don't worry."

"But we won't leave as soon as the school year ends, we'll probably stay here for a few weeks before leaving. So we can go on a few dates before then." Riki continues.

"That's pretty nice," "it is" Riki hums. 

A/N: HELLO I THOUGHT I ALREADY UPLOADED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO. IM SO SORRY!?!?!?!?