Chapter 16

Soon after, the long-awaited midterms are arriving.

Long-awaited, not in a good way if you ask. Not necessarily sure.

"Do your best okay? Don't forget to bring back the question paper if there's any, alright?" Sunghoon's mom told him as he ate his breakfast while revisioning the subject for the exam of the day.

"Mhm, I remember. I'll call you when I get back home." Sunghoon replied. "Alright, I'll try to hurry back home okay? Just text me if I don't respond to calls, I'm probably in a meeting."

Sunghoon nodded at her words. "Got it, good luck with work." his mother smiled.

She kissed his forehead, "You too, do your best. See you at night." She waved as Sunghoon walked out the door.

When Sunghoon arrived at school, the hallway was crowded with students, some reading their books, some talking to each other, heck some were even in tears.

Not merely a rare sight but not predictable that someone would be crying before an exam. It's usually after the exam.

Sunghoon walked around to find his friends, he would search the library but it would be a crowded place as well.

"Sunghoon hyung!!"A voice yelled from across the hall, he turned around to see Jungwon waving at him from the stairs. "Hey!" He waved and sprinted to him.

When he arrived, Jay, Jake, and Ni-ki were also there, reviewing the subject for the last time before the exam.

"You guys ready?" He asked, "Honestly?" Ni-ki said, "not at all. I'm getting worse as the time passed."

His boyfriend walked over to him. "It's okay Ki, you'll do great. Plus you always do great, believe in yourself, like I do." He told the younger with a warm smile. "You always believe in me, even if I do the dumbest things." He pouted.

"I know I do," Sunghoon repeated as he pats his hair. "Go review your subject?? You're gonna fail if you don't." The older laughed. "ouch okay,"

Sunghoon took out his notes and started to review the subject, there wasn't a long time left before the bell rang.

The male noticed that Ni-ki was rubbing his hand a lot, he held his hand and smiled. Mouthing, "it's okay,"

"Just do your best, really." Ni-ki nodded hesitantly. Then the bell rang, "Good luck, I love you." Sunghoon kissed his forehead. "you too," he muttered and left to his exam room with Jungwon.

"Please tell me why we decided to meet up at my house?" Jake asked, looking up from his book. "Studying together before the second exam so we can talk about the first one?" Sunghoon answered.

"Horrible decision actually," Jay muttered, "You agreed!? Bitch-" Ni-ki went in the middle of the two to make them stop bickering.

"Can you- I mean we. Can we just talk shit about how horrible exams are?" Ni-ki asked as he plopped onto Jake's bed. "We should finish our tests first, there are Christmas holidays after them. Then, we can talk shit about exams," said Jungwon as he plopped onto the bed, beside Ni-ki."Fine with me."

Sunghoon sat down beside the bed and took out his book, "Do you guys wanna go somewhere the day after the exams end?" He asked, "Uh, I'm fine with it honestly." Jake replied while going through his textbook and notes.

"Amusement parks!!" Ni-ki said, "Won't they be crowded? They're one of the most options." asked Jay, "They've usually crowded anyways, let's go on a weekday, maybe there will be fewer people than on weekends." Jungwon replied.

"Can we please pay attention to our exam tomorrow? We can plan this later." Jake whined. "We will, stop whining puppy boy." Jay joked, earning a glare from the younger.

____

"Merry Christmas, Ki," Sunghoon said as the younger. "Happy Crisis to you too, can I come in?" Sunghoon nodded.

"I didn't know what to get you guys so, I got your mum flowers, I hope your dad likes mugs." The older laughed, "He has some but I'm sure he'll like your gifts. He's in the guest room so you'll meet him during dinner, you can say hi to my mum, she's in the kitchen. I'll go get my dad."

Ni-ki nodded nervously and headed to the kitchen. "Uh- Hi Mrs. Park," The elder woman looked at him with a smile. "Riki! I'm so glad you're here, dear." She said as she hugged him.

"You look so nervous, what's wrong?" She asked, "Oh nothing seri- much nothing much... I'm just nervous about meeting Mr. Park." She smiled at him warmly, "No need to worry so much. Jiheon's not gonna see you negatively."

"Oh! I got these flowers for you." He said and handed her the colorful bouquet. "Oh my! They're beautiful. Thank you,"

"He's the man you're dating, isn't he, Sunghoon?" A masculine voice said from behind, shocking Riki, "Yes, Dad. He's my boyfriend." followed by Sunghoon's voice.

"What a young man! He looks just like how you described him." chuckled the voice, Riki turned around to see a middle-aged man, around his and Sunghoon's height, a bit shorter than them both.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, son." Mr. Park said and pat his back. "N-nice to meet you too, Mr. Park." "He's a shy one," chuckled the older male.

"He's just nervous to meet you, dad," Sunghoon told his father. "You okay?" Sunghoon whispered and intertwined their fingers. "I'm okay,"

"My name is Park Jiheon, Sunghoon's father." He smiled. "Nishimura Riki, Sir. and I'm your son's boyfriend."

"Sunghoon always had a fond feeling for you, I hear about you a lot from both Sunghoon and Nari a lot." Riki nodded, "I'm sure Nari told you about us before?" he nodded again, "Yes sir, I heard about it before."

"What do you feel about cats?" He asked, Riki, is taken aback by the sudden question. "I think cats are cute." Mr. Park nodded. "Would you get one?"

"probably not sir, I don't really have time to take care of animals." "but what if you could?"

"I may have to think about it." Mr. Park shrugged. "He's okay, It would've been better if he liked cats." Sunghoon rolled his eyes. "Ignore him, he loves cats. He's always like this, I took my mum's side by liking dogs more."

"Cats are still better in my opinion," Mr. Park said, "yeah yeah whatever, time for dinner. Let's go." Sunghoon said and pushed Riki into the dining room with his parents following.

"A Christmas gift for me?" Mr. Park asked surprised. "Yes sir, I wasn't really sure what to get you, I hope you like it," Riki answered with a nervous smile.

He watched as Mr. Park unboxed the gift. "A mug!" He said happily. "And perfect timing, I broke mine yesterday before I came here." He chuckled. "I'm glad you like it, sir,"

The family enjoyed the dinner, chatting about their lives and their son and boyfriend's school lives.

Riki learned that Mr. Park was also a dance major in college and he was a dance teacher until he had grown older and switched to a job as an office worker at his friend's place.

He and Mr. Par talked a lot about dance during the dinner, as Sunghoon and his mother either watched or talked about another topic with each other.

"You have to go now?" Mr. Park asked as Riki announced his departure. "Yes sir, I have to get home before it gets darker but I'll visit tomorrow if you'd like."

"No need, get enough sleep. Get home before it gets darker," Riki nodded. "Call or text me when you get home, alright?" Sunghoon said as he escorted the younger to the front door. "Mhm, I will."

Sunghoon pecked his lip and cheek, "Get home safely, love you." Riki blushed and smiled, "I love you too."