Chapter 17

Sunghoon casually chewed on his lunch as his phone dings for the 1000th time this morning, only being 11:30 am currently, minding no attention to his mother who stared oddly at the said object. "Aren't you going to answer it?" she asked. "Why?" Sunghoon asked,

"Because it keeps dinging every second, and continuing as we speak." Sunghoon laughed. "It's just Riki spamming the group chat, he's excited about our plans for today," She nodded. 

"Ah, I see. He does bring it up every time he comes over." "Yep, we planned it for today so he's really excited, but I don't think he's the only one spamming. It's most likely he's texting with someone else." He glanced at his phone as the screen lit up again.

 He read a message, "WHERE'S SUNGHOON HYUNGGGGG!?!?! VEYERONE'S AWAKE ALREADYY"

"Of course, typos," Sunghoon muttered and laughed. "How long will you guys be out for?" His mother asked,

 "Uh most likely that we're gonna go to the arcade, then get something to eat and go to the movies but might be around evening?" He replied, not sure.

"Text or call me if you're gonna be late or staying over. My shift is gonna take longer than usual today so I'll probably be back at dark so make sure to take an extra copy of the key when you leave." Sunghoon hummed as a reply as he put the dishes in the sink. 

 "Also could you get groceries for me tomorrow? I already put down a list like usual." she requested. "I can do it tonight if I come back early though, I don't mind." the latter replied.

"Mhm, I know but you don't have to, you can do whatever you wanna do for tonight." Sunghoon nodded. "alright alright, I got it. When are you leaving though?" "Around 2,"

"Okay, I'll be in my room if you need me, if they arrive just tell them I'm in my room."

Sunghoon plopped onto his bed and grabbed his phone, finally opening the messaging app. Seeing the conversation starts at 9 am, he groaned. This is going to be long. he thought and started scrolling through the conversation.

As he scrolled and scrolled, he soon reached the end, which ended with "Yeah Jake, I'll pick you up next." sent from Jay. Nothing unusual. The only one in the group who had already gotten his driver's license.

He rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling, bored. He glanced at the desk, ceiling, and nightstand. 

"God time flies so fast but why is this taking so long??" he groaned into his pillow, immediately looking at his phone when he heard a soft ding.

"Heading over to Riki's rn, Sunghoon get ready, we'll be there in 10-20 mins" which was sent by Jake. Sunghoon got up and went to get his bag, which had his wallet, his key, and some necessary items, being one of the cleanest ones in the group.

He ran down the stairs and sat on the couch beside his mom who was just finishing up her work papers. "Are they here yet?" She asked, her eyes slightly glancing at her son before continuing her work.

"They told me to be ready since they'll be here after picking up Riki and we're not that far if we travel by car," his mother nodded, "I see, do you have enough money with you?"

Sunghoon spaced out, thinking how much he brought, "Most likely that I will last, so yes."

Before anyone could say anything, the sound of a car horn was heard, The mother and son duo looked out the window to see the friend group, Jay waving at them through the driver's seat, "Oh- I'll be going now, see you at night mom." Sunghoon hugged her. "Mhm, have fun, sweetie."

And Sunghoon walked out the door and entered the car. "Thought you weren't gonna come out." Joked Jay as he started the engine again. "For your information, I came out of the closet years ago," Sunghoon replied, making the car full of laughter.