023

"You're really getting under my nerves." He mumbles, looking away. If he wasn't directly looking at you as if to make sure you heard it, you'd have probably missed it. So he's trying to make you the bad guy now uh?

You'd be surprised how that doesn't bother you the slightest.

School goes by in a flash. The sun had started to set and everyone's piling out the school's perimeters.

A hand reaches out, encompassing the outline of your wrist.

"Hey!" Despite your protests, he drags you across the parking lot and pushes you into his car. Jungkook takes the drivers seat, leaning in to make sure your seat belt's buckled. "What the heck do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" A sardonic expression flashes his eyes. He flicks his hair and ignites the car to life. "I've got to run some errands and you're coming with me."

"Says who?"

"Says me obviously. I feel like you're forgetting who's running this friendship between us." His statement tosses you off the plank and into a sea of offense.

"Excuse me?" He can't be serious right now. "Stop the car."

"No can't do, princess." He barely looks away from the road when he answers.

A motorcycle appears out of nowhere and scarcely bumps his car. Fortunately, he steps on the breaks and warns the rider with a loud beep.

A string of curses slides off his tongue as he then proceeds driving. As if he didn't almost got into an accident.

Buildings and people pass by as the sun sets in the sky. Colors of orange, pink and golden yellow flourishes across the heavens like a well painted canvas.

This seatbelt. It won't come off. No matter how hard you try to push the button down or yank it off. It's like it's been super glued.

"I'd stop trying if I were you. It won't work."

"You're unbelievable."

"Should have thought twice before making me mad, am I right?"

"You're mad?" How come you don't see it? Aside from the narrowness of his eyes and constant jaw clench, in your opinion, he's more annoyed than mad. But if he's all up for that excuse, you'll join his little game. "I'm the one getting dragged someplace else against my will. Pretty sure you've got no right to be mad right now."

"You're right." He breaths. "But I am and it's your fault. Now sit tight and stop talking. We've got a long way to go."

"Where are we even going, exactly?" You notice he's heading outside the city. A heavy feeling settles in your chest when that realization sinks in.

"There's something I need to pick up and I might need your intel on it."

"Intel? What abou-wait hold on." He made you tag along just to get your thought on whatever it is he's picking up? "And this couldn't wait until tomorrow."

White noises fills the lull in between the silence before he opens his mouth to say. "It's a picture. I just need you to confirm who the person is, in that picture."

A picture. All this for a picture. Father's expecting you to be at home right after school and yet here you are.

You puff your cheeks. It's not like you can do anything. Jungkook obviously won't stop the car even if you threaten him.

"This is for you." He pulls out a branded bag and places it on your lap, gaze focused on the road. "It's for that thing on your neck."

You form your lips into a thin line, inspecting the items. A cream that aids in healing a bruise.

Judging by the case and the bag that came along with it, you assume it's pretty expensive. He's not questioning you about it anymore. Which is a good thing.

It doesn't take long before buildings are replaced by trees. It's quiet, empty. And from where you're sitting, it's like you're being driven towards an everlasting road where the end is unclear.

It's not bad.

But Jungkook wasn't joking when he said you had a long way to go. It took an hour for the both of you to finally stop. A place hidden from the city. Deep within a forest.

You could hear the sounds of crickets and frogs. Nature's tune floating through night's atmosphere.

"This way." He leads you to a fine looking cabin and knocks on the wooden door three times. "Try not to run away. A lot of people get lost in this woods. I don't want that happening to you."

As much as you'd want to question him about what's happening, you'll save it for later. Right now, you still want to live and he's your only ticket out of here. "Who said I was planning to run away?"

"Your face says it all, Y/n."

You bite your bottom lip to suppress anything from coming out. The door creaks open to reveal a man probably in his late thirties. He's clad in a white shirt, glasses sitting on top of his nose. When he sees Jungkook, a look of fright flashes his eyes. But it's fast to disappear.

"Do you have it?" Jungkook asks with a tone you've never heard him use.

"Y-yes sir. I'll be right back." The man quickly heads back in and emerges with an envelope in his hand. "Everything you need is here."

If you listen closely, the tremble in his voice is evident.

Jungkook hums as he takes the envelope, seconds before he puts a hand on your back and leads you back to the car. As he does so, you notice a bunch of people clad in a black heading to the cabin.

Something silver, hanging from the waist catches your eye causing you to swallow thickly.

That was a gun.

"Giving a friend a heads up would have been nice you know."

He turns the car on and lifts an eyebrow. "What?"

"I mean, if you plan to bring me to some scary ass forest, tell me in advance next time. It's not like I'm some kind of pet you can bring around whenever you like.

A scoffs leaves his lips. Much to your surprise.

But what he says next sends an edgy chill down your spine.

"Let's get one thing straight. We're friends. But you're still mine. Okay?"