046

Jimin gets punched across the face. Fortunately, that's the only punch he receives.

"Next time I better not find you hanging around this guy." Taehyung gets his words across with a serious tone. Just a few seconds ago, he shocked you by his action. But now you're more worried about the unwanted attention you're gathering rather than the boy on the ground and the one nagging you.

Taking this chance to have things go your way, you silently walk ahead without looking back.

"Y/n!"

Nope. You're not having anymore drama today. Jimin can take care of himself. Taehyung on the other hand should leave if he still wants to live. And most importantly, you refuse to take responsibility for whatever happens to those two.

You may have lost your chance to earn triple of your  salary but working fair and square is the only fair way to earn the money you will spend.

You gradually fasten your pace until you reach a bus stop and allow your mind to free itself from any unwanted thoughts.

But even that slight moment of peace gets interrupted the second a black motorcycle decides to pull over in front of you.

"Hop on." He tosses a helmet, only to have you toss it back.

"I'm good. My bus should be here in a bit."

"Still ignoring me?"

"Not really. I just heard riding a motorcycle can cause gastrointestinal distress. I'd like to avoid that as much as possible."

When he laughs, you can tell he's not impressed at all. Jungkook removes his helmet and rakes his lean fingers across his hair. Then he throws the helmet back at you, this time with a much harsher force. The impact nearly makes you lose balance when it hits your abdomen.

And that hurt.

"Don't make me say it twice."

You lick the bottom of your lip, pulling the helmet slightly away from you. You've established that Jungkook's the type of person who easily gets angry. When you observed him from a far, you'd constantly see him bashing lockers, kick and punch his car- do all sorts of things.

In other words, he easily gets violent when he's pissed.

Now you're not sure if confronting him will trigger the gradual increase of his temper but it's not like you can just stand there like an idiot.

You take in a deep breath and eventually lock gazes with him. "What the heck is wrong with you?"

"What?"

"What do you mean what? Do you think I have time for this? You can't expect everyone to always do as you say okay? Especially not me. So I get you're ticked off that I'm ignoring you so what? It's not like you'll die from the lack of attention." This time you get closer to shove the helmet against his chest, enough to make his ride rattle. "I've been holding myself back okay? I still am. Try crossing me next time. I promise I won't go so easy on you."

Your bus arrives not a minute too soon and you take that as your cue to leave.

-

"I still think you should've punched him."

You barely saw it coming. But after Yoongi showed up in the shop, you ended up telling him about your day. Now you're facing the refrigerator, refilling it while Yoongi holds the box for you.

You didn't ask for help. He just casually lent a hand and you accepted it.

"Oh I will. Next time he pisses me off."

You told him about his brother and what happened between Taehyung and Jimin. If there's one thing you noticed, Yoongi's an attentive listener.

You've been going on and on for about thirty minutes now. He's just that comfortable to talk to.

"Hmm. Not gonna lie though. I think you need to clear the misunderstanding between those two."

"I guess you're right. I'll have a talk with Taehyung later. Or if we ever bump into each other."

"And maybe apologize Jimin." He casually adds on. "You did leave him in an awkward situation."

"After what happened, I don't think he'd want to have anything to do with me anymore."

"You'd be surprised to know how wrong you are." Yoongi mumbles under his breath, diverting his gaze to the isles.

After stuffing the last drink in the refrigerator, you take the empty box from Yoongi, fold it and dump it in the storage room.

"That's all of it." It's a relief to know that every isle and refrigerator has been refilled. Now all that's left to do is stay behind the counter until your shift ends.

With a tight smile, Yoongi jabs a thumb behind him. "I guess I should go pay for my snacks."

Oh right.

You almost forgot about that.

"Tell you what. It's on me." You quickly head to the counter to check his items. After stuffing them in a plastic bag, you hand it to him with a smile. "It's the least I can do for helping me out."

A soft smile makes itself known across his lips. "I could get used to this." He takes his plastic bag. "Thanks."

You watch as he leaves the store, disappearing into the night. Yoongi's easy to talk to. He doesn't judge, doesn't ask questions and gives great advice. Although you've only known him for a a few weeks, his constant visits to the shop makes it feel like you've known him since forever.

In a way, he's become the talking buddy you never thought you needed. You can easily vent out your frustrations and concerns whenever he's around.

The peacefulness of the evening had been great while it lasted.

Because the moment you spot who barges in through the door, you know for a fact that you're about to experience the longest shift of your life.