026

A Couple Of Hours Later

A sudden beep stops you in your tracks. A silver car comes to a halt and Iseul steps out of it. She's showing signs of panic and fear.

You're not sure if that's something to be worried about.

"Y/n." It's almost like a call for help. "Please tell me you know where my brother is. Ive tried looking everywhere for him. I called him but he's not picking up and he never does that-please tell me you know where he is."

The abrupt proclamation of her missing brother should bother you but if you think about it carefully, Jungkook's a seventeen year old boy who knows how to shoot.

The way you see it, he's probably out there having fun. But you won't tell her that. "Last I saw him was at school. He didn't attend fourth period though."

You watch as she swallows thickly. "If he doesn't come back before ten, he'll be in big trouble."

Maybe you judged the situation too quick.

"How big?"

"Just big." Iseul drags her phone out when it beeps, widening her eyes right after. A little bubble of concern begins to form within you.

"Y/n, you have to come with me?"

"Why?"

"I'll explain later. Just come with me now." Iseul pushes you to the passenger's seat before you could utter any words and steps on the gas.

The impact causes you to lean backwards before holding on the seat for your dear life. She speeds up and you're pretty sure you soul's about to leave your body.

"I-Iseul...You should really slow down for a bit." You shut your eyes when another car was heading into your direction. Fortunately, Iseul was able to avoid it. It grazed a portion on the side of the car though.

You refuse to die this way. "Iseul-" All it took was one glance for you to realize she's crying very hard. Her fingers are trembling around the wheel and she's sniffing nonstop.

She's not answering and you're worried you'll both die if she continues to drive.

Does this have something to do with Jungkook?

What exactly is happening?

"Hey, are-"

"Listen-" She cuts you. "-I know you're confused right now but I promise you with my life that I'll explain everything when we get there. So in the meantime, please just grab my phone and dial Yoongi."

The sight of a fourteen year old driving frightens you. Who wouldn't be if they were in your shoes? But if she's unable to relax by your soft beckoning, you'll have to learn to trust her.

And besides, she's not giving you much of a choice anyway.

Hopefully, she won't crash the car.

On the first beep, a hoarse voice answers the call. You quickly tap the speaker.

"Hey I saw the text you sent-"

"Y-Yoongi."

"Are you crying?"

"I need you to go to that address. I'm on my way there now."

"You mean like right now? I just woke-"

"Yes, right now. I'll explain everything there."

"Um...okay. See you there I guess." With that, he hangs up.

A hospital building enters your peripheral vision and the car's quickly parked.

Just as you both step out, a motorcycle halts in front of you. A familiar looking guy is revealed underneath the helmet and your eyes widens slightly.

"Care to explain why I'm here?" The man with hair of the night hasn't seen you yet. He's ignored by Iseul, who's now sauntered to the hospital building.

It's at this moment the guy realizes your presence. He's a bit taken back. But you won't say you don't feel the same way. "Y/n, why are you here?"

"I'm confused as you are." You shrug. But if you had to put one piece over the other, you'd come to a conclusion that something happened to Jungkook and now he's confined in a hospital room.

This time you throw the question with slight hesitancy dripping your tone. "Why are you here?"

"I guess we're about to find out."

You have a feeling he knows why he's here. But at the same time, he wants to confirm his assumption.

The smell of sterile attacks your nostrils. If outside the building looked somewhat peaceful, inside it's totally different. Nurses, staffs, doctors could be seen roaming around. Iseul's by the counter.

"I'm his sister."

"He's at room nine one seven, Miss."

She takes off after that with us right behind her. Yoongi attempts to calm her down by the time you reach the elevator. "Take a deep breath, kid. We can't have you collapsing on us."

He's not wrong there. It really looks like she's about to faint.

Her breathing's unsteady and there's tears in her eyes. Her fingers are trembling, she's jittering her teeth. At some point, Yoongi had to stop her from pricking her own skin.

He's too familiar with what's going on.

What exactly is their relationship?

After a minute or two, we arrive at a room and Iseul bursts inside. We follow right after only to find Jungkook lying there looking half dead.

Your mind goes blank and you barely hear what the doctor has to say about his condition.

By the time you return to your senses, Iseul's told that although he's out of critical danger, he still has to stay at the hospital for further observation.

"They cornered him didn't they? T-they trapped him a-and-"

"Calm down, Iseu-"

"Calm down?! He was shot three times and stabbed and you're telling me to calm down? I had a fight with him before this all happened-" As if she realized something, Iseul stares at a distance with guilt and horror in her eyes. "W-what if he dies? Y-yoongi what if h-he dies an-"

"That won't happen." His stern when he says that. "We both know he's a fighter, Iseul. And besides, you heard what the doctor said. All he needs is some rest and he'll be fine. So stop crying already."

Iseul bites her bottom lips and stares at her brother.

Maybe it's the face that you're showing. Curiosity can't help but leak through your eyes. Because when Yoongi suddenly turns to you, he answers the question you've been repeating in your heart.

"He's my brother." He starts off. "In case you were wondering."