025

When you woke up this morning, getting cornered inside a janitor's closet was the last thing on your mind.

It was around lunch time.

Students were starting to March out of their classrooms complaining about how hungry they were.

The usual.

You were on your way to the cafeteria when a hand reached out of nowhere.

Next thing you know, you're pulled by the wrist and trapped inside a dark room. A yelp seizes you when your back collides with a cold wall. You hear steady breaths around you, seeing stars around your vision.

That collision was aggressive. And there's probably a scratch somewhere on your thigh.

The familiar cologne leads you to believe that whoever pulled you was none other than Jungkook.

You're almost wishing it wasn't.

Because you know why he's doing this.

Even after you recover from the sudden tug, you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you're stuck inside a small room with him.

It's hard to see anything. Everything feels suffocating and icky.

"You're ignoring me." He starts off slowly. "Why?"

At a time like this, you can only trust your other senses. Eventually, your sight will come to adjust to the darkness. You're not planning to wait for that to happen though. You have to get out of here.

Suddenly, the floor looks interesting."I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know what I hate most in this world, Y/n?"

"Losing a game?" You answer innocently. He's basically pressing himself against you. But at least your hands are free.

"That. And people who pretend to be dumb when they're not."

Oh.

You knew that. But at times like this, you'll turn a blind eye and pretend to be oblivious.

When he breaths, you can feel his hot air fanning your face. He's not gonna let you leave that easily uh? It seems like it.

"So why we're you ignoring me?"

"I wasn't ignoring you-"

"Oh really, now? I tried calling your name but you ignored me. I'm literally sitting in front of you."

To express his annoyance, he edges even closer. You're not sure how that's even possible. He's towering over you, making sure you have nowhere to go. This rooms so little and the only way you can go out, is if Jungkook decides to leave too.

The both of you can barely fit in here.

"There's a reason for that." These words leave your lips after a moment. "You know we're not supposed to talk when the teacher's talking."

You don't have to see him to know he's raising an eyebrow. "Then explain why you left the classroom even after I called you uh? You're definitely ignoring me."

"Maybe I didn't hear you."

"I tapped your shoulder." He claims with a slight change of pitch at the end of his words. "Don't tell me you didn't feel that too?"

You're avoiding eye contact. At this point, your vision's adjusted to the darkness. The outline of his uniform now appears vivid than they were a couple seconds ago.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Maybe.

"No."

"Is this because of what happened that night? God, I thought I told you to forget about it."

Why's he the one getting worked up about it though? And does he think it's easy to forget something like that? He brought you to the woods. If you could erase that memory from your mind permanently, you would have already done it.

"That's.. that's not it. Listen, I'm not ignoring you. I'm just busy."

"You're really planning to waste my time uh? All I'm asking why you're ignoring me." He wipes a hand down his face. "You can't even answer a simple question-"

"Okay then." You interrupt, having the courage to look at him now . "I wasn't necessarily ignoring you. More like avoiding you. But what if I am, uh?" Your last string of patience snaps. If your aunt told you to be careful whenever you're around him, of course you'll listen to her.

Additionally, he's been acting like a jerk. "It's not like you can do anything about it."

"Wanna bet?"

Uh?

"A be-. What? No. Get out of my way." In attempt to get out of here, you try to push him. Unfortunately, the guy doesn't budge. "You're unbelievable."

"No you are. Isn't this what you signed up for when you chose to become a part of my life? You can't avoid me. I won't let you."

"Do you even hear yourself, Jungkook? You're talking like an obsessed freak."

Maybe you shouldn't have said that. Then again, he must have saw it coming. Because his next reaction leaves an unsettling feeling in your chest.

He lowers his head to level with yours. And in a deep tone, he whispers his next words. "Maybe I am."