Welcome to camp!

"I know how stressed you've been, so I got you into Camp Cretaceous!" Jason's mother exclaimed.

Jason was just a regular, 16 year old student in California, who'd worked slightly too hard on his tests. His mother worked at Jurassic World, and over video call saw how stressed he was, and came up with a solution: Camp Cretaceous!

"U-uh- well-" Jason stuttered, trying to find an excuse to get out of this. After all, he was a socially anxious guy, and there would be other people there. 6 of them. He was not just a regular one either, he had DID, standing for Dissociative Identity disorder. This meant that he had an alter ego, which developed from a young age, around 10 years old. His father had passed away in a car crash, with him in it, somehow still alive. The 10 year old was traumatised seeing his fathers lifeless body, right in front of him, his face cover in blood from the shattered glass... he shivered as he hoped none of the others found out.
Especially since the alternate persona was actually a psychopath.
But I am straying too far from the conversation. "Well... ok, thanks mom!" he finally replied awkwardly.

Jason's mom smiled and said, "Anytime sweetie!"

And with that, Jason put down the phone. Camp Cretaceous, he thought. After all, he had quite a way with animals, and the last time he went to Jurassic World with his mom, he really enjoyed interacting with all of the dinosaurs. Can't be that bad, right? Heck, I could even make a friend! Jason was suddenly really excited for this.

Camp Cretaceous was in Jurassic World. Nowadays, EVERYONE wants to go there, so it can't be that bad. Jason smiled, and went to go tell his grandfather the news. He had actually been to Jurassic World was in 2008, when his mom first got her job there. Jason actually had quite a way with animals, and loved interacting with the smaller dinosaurs.

He was in fact, an animal whisperer. He loved sometimes leaving the house for a nice walk in the park and chat with the wildlife.

I wonder what has changed?
And we he got packed immediately. Pants, shorts, shirts, socks and of course, a scrapbook to keep himself entertained with drawing. He stuffed it all in his bag and texted his mom, 'So when am I leaving?'

Timeskip to the docks

"Welcome campers!" A man with a red shirt with a dino logo and brown shorts yelled. "I'm Dave, your camp head councillor! I know your trip was a bit rough on the way over, hello Ben." He said, waving awkwardly at a boy in the green hoodie, who was hurling out his breakfast and lunch into the sea. Ben just gave a thumbs up in reply. "But ya made it!"

A red van then came through the gates, and stopped right by the docks. Out climbed a woman in similar attire to Dave. "So sorry I'm late everyone. I'm Roxie, your camp head councillor!"

Everyone was now looking at Dave in confusion. He was suddenly sweating and stuttering, "I-It's like a-a co-head councillor thing!"

Roxie looked at Dave and inquired, "Oh really? Why was I not aware of that then?"

"Anyways, children, you seven are the first chosen to experience the new, state-of-the-art adventure camp known as Camp Cretaceous!" Roxie gave a little speech, that Jason couldn't be bothered to listen to until the end, "We will have kayaking, zip lining, and of course-"

"Dinosaurs?!" And ecstatic young boy yelled, who was then stared at by everyone. He then just lowered his head shyly.

"Yes..." Roxie looked at a list, "Darius, lots of dinosaurs."

"Brilliant, but can you shorten that speech a bit and lean into the majesty of Jurassic Wor-" a girl with pink hair started.

"Ok we're all done here let's get you seven to camp!" Dave exclaimed.