What is that?

"Hey, Jason, get up." Jason felt someone shaking him, and he opened his eyes slowly. He saw Dave shaking him hurriedly. "You're going to miss the fun! We're going to the genetics labs!"

Jason groaned and slowly stood up, still weary from sleep. He walked past the table and into the elevator, where the rest of the campers were waiting for him. They were all chatting about the genetics lab.

"I can't wait!" Darius squealed excitedly. "I've always wanted to see a live dinosaur birth. I can't wait!"

"Eww, no," Ben had objected, his face cringing in disgust. "It's all just so... slimy, gooey, blegh."

"Oh trust me, dino births are not that exciting," Kenji told Darius boredly. "You've seen it once, you've seen em all."

Everyone just groaned at Kenji. Of course it was him who had failed to understand that Darius was new to all this. So insensitive.

They made it to the bottom of the redwoods tree. Everyone ran to the truck and either jumped in or climbed in the back. They all clipped in their seatbelts.

"Everyone ready?" Roxie called from the front. She waited for no reply and immediately smashed the accelerator. Everyone nearly fell out, even with their seatbelts on. Brooklyn still hadn't finished editing the video yet, and was scrolling through comments of a small photo of a raptor Kenji had taken. "Lame, boring, when are we gonna see new Jurassic World content... jeez, chill. I just got here," she mumbled under her breath.

Sammy had heard everything and ideas were already flowing through her head. "Ooh, what about a baby video?" she recommended. "Everyone likes a baby video."

"Whatever it is, it'll be cool," Brooklyn told her. She looked down dejected.

The truck rolled to a stop... right next to a massive pile of dino poop. Everyone groaned in disgust and edged away.

"Darius! Kenji!" Roxie called. "Get out of there!"

Kenji walked confidently towards her, while Darius was looking down, disappointed. They all saw the massive barrel and the two shovels right next to it.
Even I'm not this bad.

"You two are on poop patrol," she told the duo. Darius shivered and Kenji started objecting. "No buts!"

Dave threw something at the two, something small and plastic. Darius inspected it and saw it was, "Cologne! Helps with the smell... and the ladies!" Dave told the boys. "But mostly the smell. Dinosaur dung scent lingers a bit."

They drove off without another word. Darius looked on, disappointed, while Kenji was just knocking the sticky residue off of his shoe.

*Genetics lab*
The truck rolled to a stop near a large white building, which was partially built into a hill. Brooklyn had already taken out her phone and started recording. They all moved through the glass door of the entrance and were met with a dark hallway. Dave continued leading them on until they reached a door, which Dave entered happily.

They all looked around at the shiny walls and the egg incubators, neatly placed around the room. There was a wall with fossils on them, as well as doors leading to separate corridors where scientists conducted their own research.

Dave walked up to Dr. Wu and started talking to him. "Doc Wu Wu! I'm ready for a blasacyst from the pasacyst! A mitosis from the mosisis! What's up with the chromosomes my bromosome?" Doctor Wu just groaned and walked away. "That's it Doc! I can do more!"

"Please don't," Roxie asked him. "Doctor Wu, right now we are here for a tour of the lab, for Masranis new Camp Cretaceous."

Wu passed his documents onto a guy with some orange hair, and turned towards her. "I have no time for such trivial actions in the lab, especially babysitting. Masrani's once again accelerated the timetable for the new exhibit."