Jungle of Death

[A/N]

[wtf over 1k reads, now time to disappear for a few months. Let's just ignore some people may have actual expectations for this. Also, if you guys want, you can drop a suggestion in any chapters for some writing improvements I could make!

btw, I just realized last chapter that I haven't said this, after one person who I will not name pointed out that they only just realized that:

This, is either a whisper, Jason in the mind, or a dinosaur.

This, is the 'other Jason' in the mind.]

[You can see how good of an author I am, I started actually writing this at before 1K and now I'm at probably over 1.5K by publish 👁👄👁]

[Story Here]

The seven campers trekked ever so slowly through the thick jungle. Everybody was on their toes, ready to run, scream and not die to danger. Darius was still in front, leading the group nervously onwards to what he hoped was south.

Jason, while walking, was thinking very hard. How does Sammy know what the Indominus is? What actually happened to Brooklyn's phone? And most importantly, will we survive?

His hopes say yes, but his brain keeps saying no. That they weren't moving towards safety.

Something snapped behind him.

All of the campers screamed and looked at where the snapping noise came from.

"Sorry," Ben said guiltily. "Stepped on a branch."

Everybody groaned and complained with, "Seriously," "Come on man," and, "I should step on you."

"Come on guys, it's not his fault," Darius protested, sighing in relief. "We're all on edge, that's all."

"Of course, we've been trekking through the jungle for around an hour," Yaz moaned, walking beside Jason and Sammy.

"How do we even know we're going the right way?" Sammy asked.

"I feel like we've been going in circles," Brooklyn complained from the back.

Everybody started chattering in worry, until Kenji stood next to Darius and yelled out to everybody:

"Dudes and Dudettes, chill. I have come up with a plan, as leader, which I definitely am." The campers stared at him, not buying it. "And that plan, is that everyone listens to Darius." He slapped D on the back in a friendly manner.

"But why me?" Darius quietly asked Kenji over his shoulder.

"Because first of all, you got us out of camp alive," Kenji whispered back, making Darius feel very proud of himself. "Plus, if anybody gets eaten, you take the blame. Lead-er-ship." He continued, and the grin growing on Darius' face fell.

Darius looked back at the group of 5 campers, who were staring at him expectantly. He cleared his throat and announced, "We need to find a place we're familiar with, a place that we have a memory of. Does anybody know the area?"

Everyone else looked at each other before shaking their heads.

Darius nodded, looking down in thought. There is one place we should be near... Darius thought, shaking his head and then looking around to see if he recognized anything.

"Oh, please, you're just trying to hide the fact that you're lost too," Yaz scoffed at Kenji, and Kenji was going to retaliate with some less-than-family-friendly words, but Darius yelled out first.