chapter 3

"I think I have to go home now." Double D said, still very frazzled, though felt successful that he got to go out with the girl of his dreams.

"I hope we'll meet again soon," Bubbles smiled to him, then rewarded him with a kiss on the cheek. "Good night!" she said to him before going through her home's front door. 

Double D started to walk himself to his house as Bubbles was going to her bedroom. Both had the very same thought, even after parting ways for the evening. 'I think I'm in love.'

"Love makes the world go 'round~" Double D sang as he nearly danced with a street light on his way back home.

Bubbles was lying on her and her sisters' bed as she was focusing on the endless daydreams about her new boyfriend. 

Later that night, Bubbles eventually went to sleep. She hugged her prized stuffed octopus she had named Octi and drifted off to a deep sleep. That was, until she heard a peculiar voice she had never heard from before. She sat up in her bed and looked before her as she saw a blue blob with arms, eyes, and a mouth. Was she dreaming?

"Hi!" the blob greeted her with a friendly smile. 

"Who are you?" Bubbles had to ask.

"I'm Bloo," the blob told her with a smile. "An imaginary friend."

Bubbles was no stranger to imaginary friends and she knew she didn't make him up. "Why aren't you with your owner?"

"Well... He took me into the Foster's House," Bloo explained. "Theoretically, I'm not supposed to be adopted, but my owner gave me up, so I was adopted, I escaped, and now I'm here."

Bubbles smiled as she had an idea. "I could be your new owner."

"Will I get a rocket?" Bloo asked, tempted by that offer.

"If I got one..." Bubbles answered, unsure, perhaps the Professor could make one for her to give to Bloo.

"Okay," Bloo smiled, then got under her covers. "Don't worry, I'll sleep here."

"I don't think you should sleep here." Bubbles told him.

Next thing Bloo knew, he was lying against a dog bed as Courage stared him down. He didn't seem to like this imaginary friend so far. 

The next day in Megaville Elementary...

"Ed, have you ever been in love?" Double D asked, still wearing the same smile as last night as he put his arm around the taller boy's shoulder, walking in the hallway with him.

"Double D, you look like me after my monthly bath," Ed glanced to him. "What happened?"

"I've met the girl of my dreams!" Double D cheered, feeling like this was the happiest he's ever been in his life.

"Yep, I'm sure now, your brain turned into a couple of rotten onions." Ed commented to him.

"The girl is the sunny weather in my mind," Double D seemed to be tuning Ed out as he was left with his new lovely thoughts. "Love hit me like bright lightning on lonely oak tree. My heart is on fire."

"Double D's heart is on fire?" Ed sounded alarmed. "Who's gonna extinguish it?"

"I meant in a figurative sense." Double D folded his arms, having actually heard that.

"Looks like my brain has mashed in the system of words." Ed smiled.