chapter 4

Boomer chuckled as Double D was down for the count. This made tears instantly come into Bubbles' eyes. Boomer grinned as he stood over his enemy, but suddenly, to his surprise, Double D kicked the gun out of his hand. Double D then stood up proudly, angering Boomer. He even tried to punch Double D in the chest, but he didn't even flinch, all that was heard was a ding.

"He's alive!" Ed yelled and pointed, much to everyone's shock and confusion.

"He can this be?" Boomer needed to know.

Double D lifted his shirt to reveal a metal bullet proof vest. He then hit Boomer at the head, putting him to a daze. "I hate violence." Double D said before punching the dizzy Boomer into a tree, knocking him out. "Good gracious, it hurts!" he shook his hand from the impacts.

"Double D, you're alive!" Bubbles came to him happily. "I'm so happy, I won't leave you ever again!"

"Boy, Edd, you're awesome." Eddy smiled to the smart Ed boy.

"The twist with the iron vest was really amazing." Blossom added.

"A big hug for my best friends 'cuz I'm Ed!" Ed wrapped his arm around Eddy and Double D, even including Bubbles in the hug. 

"Man, Boomer, you're a loser!" Brick taunted as he came with Butch to their brother.

"Shut up." Boomer scowled as he now had a black eye.

The next day at Megaville Elementary, Double D walked with Bubbles and they came by and saw the whole school was even cheering him on. Except Mandy as she deeply scowled and held a baseball bat. "DOUBLE D, OUR HERO!" they cheered.

"You're my idol." Mac praised.

"We heard what you did," Billy, the big nosed idiot boy smiled the biggest. "Can I have your autograph?"

"Autograph, big deal..." Eddy rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, but suddenly he had an idea as his money scamming ways were breaking in. "Sorry, pal, but to have a signature from the star, you have to pay 25 cents for it."

Billy took out a quarter and gave it to Eddy. 

Eddy grinned, then took out his jar. "Only here, only now, get your own autograph from Edd, only for 25 cents!" He grinned crazily as quarters came flying into his jar.

Ed carried Eddy on his head as he collected the money he desired. 

"When I grow up, I wanna be just like you." Otto Osworth smiled in true admiration for Double D.

"I've got an Eddy on my head," Ed said with a smile. "Am I fashionable or what?"

"Don't bug me." Eddy snorted to him, then saw something in the corner of his eye. It was Blossom picking up her school books and she was alone. He ran across Ed's head and rushed to see the girl.

"Eddy?" Blossom looked up in surprise to see him by the lockers.

"How about an ice cream?" Eddy grinned smoothly as he balanced three quarters on his finger. "I'll pay."

"Sorry, Eddy," Blossom said sadly. "But want any right now."

"Hey, Blossom, how can I comply with Dexter's application if you become estranged from me?"

"I don't know..."

"C'mon, Blossom, just one ice cream..." Eddy put his arm around her. "No more."

"All right..." Blossom gave in.