chapter 6

"Bubbles," Double D said as he was going for a typical romantic stroll with his new girlfriend. "I have to talk to you about a very important matter. I suspect that I have a suspicion that I did something very bad to get something very good. Do you know an evil villain called Bell?"

"Bell?" Bubbles narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "She's one of our arch enemies! There isn't any kind of purpose which needs the help of the dark side. What did you do exactly?"

Double D got nervous, but decided to be honest. "I have built a laser cannon."

Bubbles stormed off.

This worried Double D. "Bubbles, wait!"

"I'm disappointed in you." Bubbles folded her arms. She then took out the golden locket and threw it back in anger, making it fall into a mud puddle as it started to rain.

Double D felt very hurt inside now, he picked up the locket and closed it with a tear in his eye now that Bubbles would never talk to him again. They had broken up and had no chance of getting back together. 

'Stupid boys.' Bubbles thought to herself as she lay on her bed in anger, but then looked instantly sad.

"Check this out, dog!" Bloo told Courage as he held up a quarter, about to show the pink cowardly dog a trick.

When Bubbles put her head done, there came mechanical claws and octopus tentacles coming out for her. They grabbed her, making Bloo gasp and Courage yelp for her. Bubbles tried to fight them, but they were too strong for her.

"Get yer stinky feelers off her!" Bloo yelled, looking heroic, but got nervous as one of the monsters looked him sharply in the eye. "Please." 

Courage growled and tried to bite on the monster's head, but he was grabbed by one of the tentacles now. He was then thrown against the wall with Bloo as the monsters were going to leave with Bubbles. 

"Well, we tried, doggy," Bloo smiled slyly to Courage. "Wanna play cards?"

Double D came to the Utonium household, trying to remain calm, he couldn't just let what happened between him and Bubbles go like that. 'Bubbles, I'm here to say sorry.' he recited to himself, then rang the doorbell. 

There was no answer. Double D then decided to get his booster boots out like he made for Eddy when he felt too short. He clicked the button, then looked through one of the top windows, knowing that Bubbles' bedroom was in there. 

"Jerk." Eddy growled, not liking that boost.

Double D saw no one was in the room and he accidentally fell because Eddy squeezed between the lever shoes. This made the boys fall on top of each other. Luckily, Courage was just outside and now he could get help.

"What does that dog want?" Eddy scoffed.

Courage babbled, trying to tell them what happened, then transformed into the octopus monster with Bubbles held hostage and even roared.

"How could the dog do things like that?" Eddy questioned Courage's shape-shifting abilities.

"Are you trying to say that someone has kidnapped Bubbles?" Double D guessed.

"Exactly," Bloo smiled as he had poker chips and cards against a chicken, then looked shocked at his opponent. "It can't be. I'm losing to a chicken!"

"Blossom was kidnapped too." Eddy remembered, informing Double D.

"Do you have any clue where?" Double D asked.