=His Story=

Amour

"Explain everything." She said seating down on the couch. I gulp in nervousness, my eyes couldn't help but focus on her legs. The smoothness of it, the way her purple nightgown contracted with her older skin. 

I clear my throat and take a sip of my drink, "Would you like anything to drink?" 

"No thank you," She says politely, I smile internally when I saw her gaze on my body. "Just give me an explanation." 

I take a deep breath, finishing my drink before speaking. "First, let's start with my connections with Charmings and what started all of this." 

My mother, Belle, was a maid for the Charmings' family when she met my father. They both fell madly in love with each other, and without knowing, mom became pregnant with me. The sweet Charming family the media shows, weren't that accepting at first, one day they drove mom away and had an arranged marriage for father. 

Mom originally left for the U.S. to take a break from the family business, the mafia. Her parents had an arranged marriage as a peace treaty, they had agreed for her to spend a few years alone in the U.S, before coming back. Heartbroken, mom decided to go back to France and proceed with the marriage. 

Both of my parents got married to different people pretty fast. My stepfather loved my mother but he was a beast. He vowed to always protect her and gave her everything she wanted, but he was also possessive and jealous. When mom found out she was pregnant, he locked her up until she gave birth. I was never to be seen in public, and be associated as his child. 

It wasn't all bad, he never abused me or mom physically. All that animosity made it easier to get through life without having the cameras all over my face. On the other side of the world, Henry was born a few years after me and he could not do anything without it being reported on the news. 

By the time I was seven, my mom and stepdad became the queen of the mafia world. On paper, they looked happy and content. In secret, mom cried herself to sleep every night. She didn't want this life, she wanted a big family but every time she got pregnant she miscarried. After her death, I later found out the truth and how cruel the beast was. 

A new threat was posing to the family, and mom decided to take me away for a while. I was a smart child and knew the truth about our family secret, I could defend myself and knew not to reveal anything. On our trip to the States, mom stopped by a mansion claiming she was visiting an old friend. 

A boy similar to my age opened the door, Henry, he had a big toothy smile and  I instantly felt protective over him. We were sent to a different room to play and although I was a bit wary it was nice to play with someone my age. We had a lot of things in common and we instantly became best friends. 

After hours of playing, the adults finally came into the playroom. I rushed to my mom noticing that she was crying." 

"What did you do to her?" I yell at the man. My hands form into a small fist, and I was ready to defend her. But she just picked me up and took me to the leaving room. 

"Baby, I need you to promise me something," She starts, smiling at me.

"Anything you want mama," I say to her, not understanding why she was crying. 

"I have to leave you here for a bit, it's for your safety." 

"I can protect myself, baba will protect us." I interrupted her, but she just shakes her head. 

"Promise me to behave, promise me to be kind, promise me you will be strong." She lists off. Noticing that she was serious I nod, not wanting to make her even sadder.