Psyche

My father was a walking contradiction.

He was a terrible husband but an amazing dad.

He was a narcissist but a charitable man.

He was a misogynist to the point of being a feminist.

He believed that my mom was less educated because they're emotional but as his flesh and blood I was the exception, I was better than everyone around me because he was my father.

He believed that his daughter needed to be the best of the best and reach her full potential but refuses the idea of my mom being independent.

He wanted me to get my degree and my own job to never depend on a man but expected me to find someone who will take care of me because a man's job is to provide.

In a way, he made me who I am today.

I expected a man to do all that he did for me: opening the door for me, worship the ground I walk on, and treat me like a princess, the bare minimum. Not because I can do them myself, but because I deserve it.

"So tell me Loverboy, how do you plan on changing me?"

I grab the hand of the Goddess in front of me and kiss it, "My Beloved, who said anything about changing you?"

-v-

Psyche will be published on 11th July 2022.

Stay Tune :)

If you're interested, you can add the story to your library. I already published it with the teaser.