Chapter 371 - Chapter 385

Chapter 371: Immortal Records Pavilion

"Fellow Daoist Han, the ten cultivators to be challenged were hired at great expense by the great clans from the island's protector squad. Although their cultivation isn't high, their experience and techniques are superior to that of common cultivators as they have fought demonic beasts at sea and sparred with the cultivators from other islands. 

Not to mention opponents at the same layer, it wouldn't be odd for them to defeat common cultivators with a cultivation of three layers above them." Wen Qiang clicked his tongue with an expression of praise.

Han Li smiled and spoke modestly, "It was nothing. I was merely lucky." Han Li had quite a bit of experience with regards to battle.

The youth looked in the direction of the azure mountain before turning his head around and asking with a smile, "Ah, yes. Fellow Daoist Han came here to handle some formalities at the Immortal Records Pavilion?"

As this wasn't a matter worth concealing, Han Li calmly answered, "Fellow Daoist Wen guessed correctly. I wish to handle the formalities for settling down on this island and choose a cultivator's residence."

Having heard Han Li's destination, Wen Qiang immediately offered a suggestion, "Hehe! I've been to the Immortal Ascension Pavilion several times already. How about I bring Fellow Daoist Han there along the way? It would be hard to look for it alone, considering the size of the Azurecloud Mountains."

Han Li was slightly surprised to see him act so enthusiastically, but he still expressed his thanks and agreed.

As such, the two flew side by side towards the large mountain.

While the youth was leading the way, he gave Han Li a garrulous explanation of the mountain range, "On our island's Azurecloud Mountains, in addition to the three great peaks: the Heavenly Pillar, the Heavenly Night, and the Heavenly Gate, there are also three hundred sixty seven smaller mountain peaks. The amount of caves among these mountains are countless, and it is said that many of them are capable of being a cultivation area."

"Naturally, although the majority of the Azurecloud Mountains have large spirit veins, the density of Spiritual Qi varies. It is generally said that the taller the mountain's peak, the denser the Spiritual Qi. 

As for the thirty-six mountain peaks with the densest Spiritual Qi, they are the prizes of the island's decennial Great Spirit Land Contest. Those who feel that their cultivation is greater than the lords of these thirty-six mountain peaks may challenge them at will. The victor shall become the master of the peak. 

The differences between the peaks aren't very significant. It is said that as long as a cultivator managed to enter Foundation Establishment, they would be able to acquire one of these mountain peaks as a cultivation area. As for Qi Condensation cultivators, they can only obediently find a valley or cave to use as a cultivation area."

"Foundation Establishment cultivators are able to claim an entire mountain peak for themselves?" Han Li was greatly surprised.

The youth said with a self-mocking tone, "That's right. However, the Foundation Establishment cultivators of the island have already occupied most of them. Us Qi Condensation cultivators shouldn't think of such hopeful matters."

"Oh!" Thoughts churned through Han Li's mind, causing him to grow somewhat excited.

Han Li suddenly thought of something and casually asked, "Ah, then the three tallest mountains should have the greatest Spiritual Qi, yes?"