Chapter 1176 - Chapter 1190

Chapter 1176: Detained

"Martial Uncle Han? You're referring to..." Mu Peiling faltered upon hearing this and was beginning to stutter a little.

"That's right, I mentioned him to you once before, Junior Martial Sister Mu. Fellow Daoist Violet Spirit once ventured into this valley with Martial Uncle Han, which is how they were able to map out this safe route," Song Yu replied with a gentle smile.

"I met Fellow Daoist Violet Spirit once several decades ago. She really was an exquisite beauty; even a woman like me was entranced by her beauty. I heard that many prominent male cultivators have pursued her and many intense battles have taken place as they've attempted to compete over her. She's even being referred to by some as the most beautiful female cultivator in the Heavenly South Region. However, this woman is rather mysterious and Master seemed to have made her acquaintance very early on, so she's kind of like a close confidant of his. You're going to have to be careful, Sister Mu!" Liu Yu giggled in a teasing manner.

A faint blush appeared on Mu Peiling's face as she scoffed, "What do I have to be careful about?"

Song Yu adopted a serious expression as she asked, "Stop teasing Junior Martial Sister Mu, Junior Martial Sister Liu, let's get back to business. Are we going to venture into the inner valley or not?"

Mu Peiling and Liu Yu's smiles faded and they looked at one another to find their own hesitant expression mirrored in each other's eyes.

"Senior Martial Sister Song, is the map that this Violet Spirit gave you really a map of the route that Master once took? If that's the case, then we could certainly try it. After all, the Illusionary Spirit Herb is very important for both of our upcoming breakthroughs, and I really don't want to go back emptyhanded," Liu Yu said with furrowed brows.

Mu Peiling was rather hesitant, but she succumbed to the temptation in the end, and sighed, "If we're only searching for the herb close to the entrance of the inner valley, then I can come along as well."

Song Yu nodded before extending words of caution. "Alright, now that that's settled, it looks like we'll be taking a risk. Let me make this clear in advance, though; we'll only be searching the area within several hundred kilometers of the entrance, and if we still can't find the Illusionary Spirit Herb there, then we'll immediately exit the inner valley. No one is allowed to venture in any further. The pill is important, but not as important as our lives."

"Of course. If we were to venture deeper into the inner valley, even with a map at our disposal, it would still be akin to suicide for mere Core Formation cultivators like us. I heard that there are some ancient beasts within the inner valley that even Nascent Soul cultivators wouldn't dare to face in battle," Liu Yu said with a smile.

"Those ancient beasts normally lurk within the depths of the inner valley, so we should be fine if we stay near the entrance. Let's not waste any more time with words; we've already spent a lot of time here so we should make haste," Mu Peiling said in a decisive manner.

The other two women didn't want to delay any longer, either, and the three of them shot forth as streaks of light toward a certain direction.

Five days later, at the border of the inner valley, amid a world of ice and snow, three women appeared in the bone-chilling wind. Not far behind them was a massive ice crystal, and they were situated on the very same path that Han Li and Violet Spirit had taken with the other Ghost Spirit Sect disciples all those years ago.

The three women had already conjured up dense light barriers around their bodies, so they didn't have to fear these biting winds.

After discussing quietly among themselves for a while, the three women rose only several tens of feet above the ground before flying slowly toward the distance, not daring to speed up in the slightest.